Why should I chose space wolves...

lunchb0x

blood angels get owned in shooting but excell in hand to hand with their jump packs and quickness. wolves on the other hand excell at the close range fight where rapid firing and charge and counter charge when the battle.

now thats pretty much fighting styles

however when it gets down to it your vampires vs were wolves/vikings/barbarians/ beardy guys who know how to party take part in most major wars lead the imperium in the first armaggedon war and was placed in charge of the imperium's forces during the 13th black crusade meanwhile the blood angels only lead the imperium during the second war and even then played on the back end while the salamanders got credited for rescuing the imperial citizens from the loyal marines and orks.

in the end the wolves are left with better codex (we actually have a real one that has very few problems that common sense cant solve and are due one in 2 years while blood angels are left with their white dwarf codex

I like what teh betrayed said...Kinda reminds me of me! Fight,drink,fight! YAY!!

As Far as Bjoern, SW where my first army in 2nd came out...and after thart BA so I have a love for both...thats my problem.

Guest WG Vrox

I don't know wolf brothers, what do you think? I don't know if its the fact he didn't look 9 threads down to find his answer, the undertoon of his question like we need him or the kitten for his icon, but something does not strike me as him being a fellow wolf brother. am I wrong? ^_^

WG Vrox

@lunchbOx:You played SW in 2nd Ed.?

I think we can accept him back at the Fang.

I think there´s nothing wrong to have an other army alongside your SW. I have 4 other armies (Grey Knights:10000 points, Thousand Sons:7500 points, Salamanders:2000 points and Eldar:7000 points) but my first love are my SW (10000 points).

Bjoern,

Thats why I call them Pound Puppies...turns out no one really heard of that nickname that played them after 2nd...I mean if you think about it...pound puppies during that time where pretty popular ( the actuall stuffed up animals ) ...anyway back on topic.

The complete lack of following the codex is what I loved about them...when normal marines where used...it was like...well why cant I have an assualt cannon and a cyclone missle launcher? ...and over to space wolves.

Mind you I have had a few years where life was a bit more important then40k : GASP : but i ve got time now and some extra cash...well you know how that is.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am not looking to make a huge army, just a decent sized one that will be well painted...so I am looking to make a 1.5k list first off...either BA or SW...

Depth. If you like to believe in your army, Space Wolves are great because they have personal depth. They can stand up with any marine in the Imperium, but also don't spend their off time polishing their dresses. They drink, eat, and most importantly...be human. They have grudges, and honor. The depth of their humanity is probably what I like about them the most.

Wow.

That right there has me sold.

Thats one thing I never liked about marines...no humanity about them or compassion or even passion!!

I am going back to wolves.

I am sold.

Plus BA pamper them selves too much and use up all the hair spray and eye liner anyway.

"Meow, do you know why I pulled you over?"

Sorry, the kitten pic reminded me of super troopers.....

Even though you are convinced, I'll also remind you of the following:

1. We dont gripe about our old dex, we see the strengths that let it dominate in 5th (some big wolf wins in the tournies nowadays).

2. We have MUCH better fluff from the black library than most of the other chapters can claim (hell, BA's thought that a mutant was thier primarch reincarnated...really???)

3. You dont get called a dress wearer, a prettyboy, a smurf...I mean really, have you read the How are you a space wolf thread? we've got brothers around here toting axes in their trunks...

4. Really, wouldnt you rather be a viking werewolf than a blood drinking fop?

I'm going to throw my two pence in. If this forum, this community of fellow packmates doesn't convince you, nothing ever will.

The Fang, as we call it is easily one of the best forums on the B&C. We are united by our shared love of an army which hasn't even got a Codex anymore, that is broken and cheesy and beardy with the best of them, and yet still challenging to play. Our models are old, and yet we don't care because the best models are the one's we make ourselves. We are a converters best friend in 40K (with the exception of Chaos, who can also be fun) We old and proud, stubbon and ferocious. We're drunk and angry, humane and loyal. We never give in, never give up and never surrender, no matter the odds. We stared down Angron and led the defense of Cadia. We safeguard the Imperium, for 10,000 years past and 10,000 more.

We are the Wolves of Fenris. You are either one of us, or you aren't.

Now, where's my Ale?

Archived