Truescale Chapter Master! WIP (Pic Heavy)

Rottimus

Hello.

Been working on this for a while. I've always loved the Calgar Terminator model but felt it didn't really do him justice. After all he is a God of War with Titanic might, A true legenedary leader. I've also read that Space Marines never stop growing. It's still very WIP with some greenstuff clean up needed and so on. So here goes

I Present to you Chapter Master ' Insert Name Here ' A Truescale Terminator Chapter Master!

gallery_34407_2859_122162.jpg

Here's one with a standar Black Reach Terminator so you can see the scale

gallery_34407_2859_149417.jpg

And another.

gallery_34407_2859_16113.jpg

One more,

gallery_34407_2859_93381.jpg

And one Final picture next to a Dreadnought

gallery_34407_2859_104756.jpg

Please feel free to add criticism and praise. Also, I'm not sure what helmet to use. Any suggestions on helmet and embellishments/improvements would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Be Nice!

Ok. Cape... No Cape... not sure... that's one I need to think about, maybe make a mock up just to see.

As for the arms... I suppose this comes down to individual Point of view. I tried to make the proportions the same as the normal terminator.

I changed Calgar because I thought he looked a bit like a gorilla, massive arms with skinny legs (the cape covered it up a bit)

If you can imagine Calgar dropping his arms straight down and letting them rest by his hips the ends of the PFs will reach just above his knee joints. The black reach Terminator has a straight arm... and it reaches just to his knee joint. If you place the Black Reach PF arm next to the Calgar arm it's just as long except Calgar's arm is WAY more bent upward.

Again, this may just be opinion or having the physical model in front of me but I can't see the tinyness of his arms if you know what I mean. His elbows are very tucked in and the angle is a full 90 degress.

Anyway,

Thanks for the input.

Thanks for the replies...

I do see what you mean. It's an issue. A look at it and sometimes it seems perfect, sometimes it seems odd. Hard to judge your own work I suppose

I guess I could name him Longshanks! :(

Hahah yeah... come to think of it a screaming face on him would make him look like he'd eaten a bad curry the night before.

Yeah I think I need to change the fists a little... maybe make one slightly different so he doesn't look so much like a stroppy child.

Very nice work. The arms may be long enough but it's the fists that don't seem big enough for such a beast of a model. I think that if he had a cloak it would bulk out the visual weight more and make the model seem more imposing.

Al

p.s i never understood why calgar has a yoke.

Looks awesome, I could never sculpt like that, the only thing that really stands out to me is his feet seem to be a little small for the massive bulk and size of his legs and body.

Keep up the awesome work!!!!!

That's some great greenstuff work you've got there, and the model is looking good, but I'm inclined to agree with others that he needs a little bulking out to make him a little more imposing, however I think that the arms look fine, or rather will do when painted.

Because the greenstuff is well, green, you tend to focus on it as being separate to the rest of the mini, however once you've got paint on it, even just an undercoat, everything is united together by being the same colour and things look more proportionate, and like they should be there. (I've found this with mini's I've greenstuffed) I've explained it in a really poor way, but I hope you can see what I mean.

Ohhh more true scale. :) Something I enjoy.

Tips and pointers from my looking at it.

Cape is mandatory, either that or lengthen the torso a bit. The cape will help his backside look more in proportion without all the hassle. Though its up to you, cuz as it stands right now it looks like he no arse.

Maybe crispen up the armor on the legs a little bit, all the parts are where they are spose to be but a few seem like they could use refining.

my .02 cents, and in this economy I dunno how much thats really worth. Keep up the good work sir.

Archived