Fallen Angel sorcerer in an Iron Warriors Army?

IWIII

Hi all, my first post here!

Well, i am about to expand my iron warrior army to make it "Apocalypse Worthy", and i plan to include a second HQ choiche (present one is a terminator lord).

I dont mind sorcerers, as they are one of the few things we have that are better than our "loyalist counterparts" (better all round profile, built in inv. save etc), but while i know IW have some sorcerers of their own they are not a particularly devout legion, more twisted tech fanatics than esotheric guys i think.

As one of my regular opponents has a DA army (very large and well painted!) i would like to make it a Fallend Dark Angel, possibly one that has not sold is soul to chaos, but that sticks with the IW more for "protection" than common vision.

In short a sad, tragic little traitor that has not enough "guts" to embrace chaos in all its glory!

So, two questions here:

1) do you think it's a good idea?

2) how can i make a sorcerer model (i think with a raptor pack) without a lot of chaos iconography? Using a proper sorcerer with filed down chaos stars and the like does not sound really appealing. Any other ideas?

Cheers, thanks!

I think it's a great idea. Personally, to really annoy your friend, I'd use a Dark Angels model and go from there. I think Azrael could work with some conversion (perhaps changing the sword for a staff, like the plastic Terminator Lord kit). It really depends what you want to do. :(

Yep it a great idea. If you look that the old GW comic warhammer monthy for Bloodquest, on the second part when the Exile Blood Angels are in the eye of terror they meet up with the Fallen Angle who command the Tzeentch side of thing on the planet.

Also myself, I use Fallen Angles Chosen in my Iron Warriors, fit in with the background in away coming out no where (with the new flank rule) & just fighting for them self be it help chaos or not??

But yes be cool. A Fallen Angle Librarian hire or find his way to the IW. Also look cool to have a model stand out a bit (with the Black Power armour, along with all them Silver/Metal armour)

Aha, is the Azrael model still available then?

He should be ether in GW or they might move him as mail order only?? other wise there alway the Plastic Dark Angles vets alway make for some cool conversion??

IP

Azzie is still avaliable, his backpack was redone with a built on banner now, as opposed to just the banner pole as before.

You will not find any newer DA joining chaos (they will never live long enough) but you could do a pre-heresy DA one. Just pain him black instead of green, and use chaos warrior shoulder pads for the spiky rims that were popular pre-heresy on a robed plastic DA vet, I think it would look really cool.

Hmm...on the other hand the current plastic kits allow for so much versatility...could mix loyalist and chaos bits, and have a huge model (azzie is, if i remember correctly, a bit on the "small" side of things). Could use one of the 'zerker helmets with bunny ears filed down and replaced with wings, then add studs and decoration. A robe would be good as well.

And, of course, the raptor "jump pack", that has been on my mind since the beginning.

if you look on the front cover of decent of angels, the pre-heresy DA are portrayed as a plastic robed vet with chaos warrior shoulder pads, the extra bits you could add as things hes picked up over the last 10,000 years. And yes Azzie is a touch on the small side.

Incorporating Fallen into your army gives a reason for your mate to field a Deathwing Redemption Force at apoc :blink:

In another way the game would be cool for the both of you :P

He will soon have enough terminators to do that, i belive.

Also his brother decided on Imperial Fists just to bother my IW (do you think it is a good enough reason to start tweety yellow marines? I dont...) so a FDA in my force will mean exacting a measure of vengeance from that family : )

I think I'm the one few opposed to it after readding everyone's comments.

Using as my points of reference, Dead Sky, Black Sun, Storm of Iron, Angels of Darkness and the Space Wolf novel (can't remember the name) with a Fallen Angel.

In Dead Sky, Black Sun and Storm of Iron, Iron Warriors treat their sorcerer's like dog crap. Maybe a little worse than dog crap.

In Angels of Darkness and the Space Wolf novel (can't remember the name) with a Fallen Angel, all of the Fallen presented are very arrogant sob's.

I would for see it happening like this:

IW Warsmith: "You! Sorcerer lapdog! Bring me my tea!"

DA Fallen Sorc: [Poisons Warsmith's tea.]

IW Warsmith: [Drinks tea and dies from the super poison that can kill a Marine.]

DA Fallen Sorc: "What pansy Warsmith drinks tea?"

**Edited due to seeing someone else agreeing with me.**

I think I'm the one few opposed to it after readding everyone's comments.

Using as my points of reference, Dead Sky, Black Sun, Storm of Iron, Angels of Darkness and the Space Wolf novel (can't remember the name) with a Fallen Angel.

In Dead Sky, Black Sun and Storm of Iron, Iron Warriors treat their sorcerer's like dog crap. Maybe a little worse than dog crap.

In Angels of Darkness and the Space Wolf novel (can't remember the name) with a Fallen Angel, all of the Fallen presented are very arrogant sob's.

I would for see it happening like this:

IW Warsmith: "You! Sorcerer lapdog! Bring me my tea!"

DA Fallen Sorc: [Poisons Warsmith's tea.]

IW Warsmith: [Drinks tea and dies from the super poison that can kill a Marine.]

DA Fallen Sorc: "What pansy Warsmith drinks tea?"

**Edited due to seeing someone else agreeing with me.**

^_^ now that was fun!

I suppose, however, that you cant afford being so arrogant when you hide from the resto of your chapter for 10k years and seek protection from others.

But, i guess, your point is as good as mine.

Incorporating Fallen into your army gives a reason for your mate to field a Deathwing Redemption Force at apoc ;)

In another way the game would be cool for the both of you :down:

He will soon have enough terminators to do that, i belive.

Also his brother decided on Imperial Fists just to bother my IW (do you think it is a good enough reason to start tweety yellow marines? I dont...) so a FDA in my force will mean exacting a measure of vengeance from that family : )

Without the datasheet with me, I believe he would need a Master of the DW and 3+ DW squads. So in total he would need 16 models.

LOL what is a FDA?

Oh and I guess DA+Imperial Fists vs your IW (+Fallen) in apoc level = should be tons of fun (fluff and gamewise). Enjoy :(

Archived