codexs and questions

We have an entire forum for asking questions on the rules here

And in answer to your question, no. The Techmarine Gunner is not a Techmarine (from the Force Organisation Chart) so does not have the options to have servitors.

I disagree. the techmarine with the gun is still a techmarine. and so he can get a servitor retinue. However, the tech and teh servitors cannot join together until the gun is destroyed.

Refer to pg 73 of teh marine codex

"Each thunderfire cannon is crewed by a single techmarine (see page 71 for special rules)."

it goes on to explain that a techmarine with a cannon is not an IC until the gun is destroyed.

And pg 138

"You may include one unit of Servitors for each techmarine...in your army"

No Ferrata is correct.

You dont pay for a techmarine and upgrade him to have a thunderfire, you pay for a thunderfire 'unit' that comes with a techmarine!!

See your codex, if it doesnt mention servitors (which it doesnt) then how can you take them.

ITs like taking gauntlets of ultramar for a sergeant, it doesnt say you cant do it!, but we all know you cant.

Its easy if there are no options you cant take them.

Gc08

No Ferrata is correct.

You dont pay for a techmarine and upgrade him to have a thunderfire, you pay for a thunderfire 'unit' that comes with a techmarine!!

See your codex, if it doesnt mention servitors (which it doesnt) then how can you take them.

ITs like taking gauntlets of ultramar for a sergeant, it doesnt say you cant do it!, but we all know you cant.

Its easy if there are no options you cant take them.

Gc08

No techmarine unit entry has the option to upgrade to servitors in C:SM 5th. so your argument is completely irrelavent.

servitors units take up no FOC slot and are limited to the number of techmarines or MotF in the army.

the thunderfire cannon "unit" includes a Techmarine.

therefore, for each techmarine, including MotF and Thunderfire gun crew, a unit of servitors may be included in the army. yes, all the rules regarding the techmarine and his gun, and ICs and units still apply, as does mindlock for the servitors.

Yes i stand corrected, you are right.

I believed the servitors to be a unit 'upgrade', and as they werent available with the thunderfire cannon assumed you couldnt take them.

That will teach me to check before i speak!

Lesson learned :P

GC08

Archived