18" tank hunter

Torin

Good day brothers, im not sure if any one posted this yet. Can we take those storm speeder. If it is posible the we will be having a real nice tank and infantry killers on our hand. Cant imagine having those storm speeder coming in from the flank 12" and 4 scouts with melta bomb & MG charging for the tanks.... nasty. Just have to swap with Flamer to make it anti troop. Have any one tested it yet.

Good day brothers, im not sure if any one posted this yet. Can we take those storm speeder. If it is posible the we will be having a real nice tank and infantry killers on our hand. Cant imagine having those storm speeder coming in from the flank 12" and 4 scouts with melta bomb & MG charging for the tanks.... nasty. Just have to swap with Flamer to make it anti troop. Have any one tested it yet.

Space Wolves vehicles: Use the point costs and rules from Codex: Space Marines for Dreadnoughts, Land Speeders, Attack Bikes, Whirlwinds, Predators, Land Raiders and Vindicators. All of the different variants and options available to these units in a Space Marine army are also available to the Space Wolves.
Quoted from GW's Space Wolves FAQ

The variants portion would include the storm, so you could take it, then fill it with wolf scouts, presto. ;)

Did we ever decide on whether a WGPL can ride with them though? Since the Storm only allows Scouts to ride in it, and the WGPL is by no means a Scout, I don't think by the rules he can ride along with them. Besides, isn't OBEL better?

He's not wearing scout armor so no.

Direfang - love the quote. Had the same thing with a bunch of Tau.

:P yeah it was really kinda interesting, it was like my 5th or 6th, 5th ed. game and he came on with a really big "my lord is broken" attitude (which it is broken) but he thought they only had 2 attacks and that he was just going to roll right over them. and i just heard about a tau player that i would like to play for kinda the same reason, though i think this tau player made a wolf brother go blue... which is the real reason i want to play him.

basically the tau player said that wolves were currently the worst SM chapter going because of points. to prove it, he played him in three or so games after a combat patrol tourny, and basically did a shooty cheese, come on it's tau, list to handle anything the wolves (that he happen to have) could throw at him. and by the end "he"(meaning the tau player) said any army from normal SM would have done better. i didn't find out until talking to the wolf guy that he was forced to us the weapons/equipment from the back of the C:SW, and after hearing what most of the tau guy ran could easily say that the guy spent a long time coming up with lists for just SW. after really thinking on it (looking through the tau codex, and army builder), all but one of the lists one were illegal, so goes to show he just didn't like SW.

One of the guys that shows up at the local place and plays can be kind of a jerk, and plays Tau. I did my Drop Pod force on top of him, since his army is almost totally sit down and shoot the crap out of things, well...he doesn't like playing me anymore. Call me sadistic, but the thought of seeing my Space Wolves dropping on top of an entire Tau battleforce and just gutting them brought a smile to my face while I was playing him.

Snooty Tau. :P

Did we ever decide on whether a WGPL can ride with them though? Since the Storm only allows Scouts to ride in it, and the WGPL is by no means a Scout, I don't think by the rules he can ride along with them. Besides, isn't OBEL better?

I don't think he has to wear scout armor to count as a scout, i have had this discussion with many people who, really, really, really, dislike me for playing wolves...then we all drink ale and all is merry, anyways. He doesn't count as "not" a scout, for all intents and purposes in the game i believe he is a scout simply because he is attached to them regardless of his armor. besides the speeder doesn't say models in power armor cannot ride this vehicle, it just says only scouts can. I would argue that by that line, you could actually put a WGL with a unit of scouts into that thing.

I don't think he has to wear scout armor to count as a scout, i have had this discussion with many people who, really, really, really, dislike me for playing wolves...then we all drink ale and all is merry, anyways. He doesn't count as "not" a scout, for all intents and purposes in the game i believe he is a scout simply because he is attached to them regardless of his armor. besides the speeder doesn't say models in power armor cannot ride this vehicle, it just says only scouts can. I would argue that by that line, you could actually put a WGL with a unit of scouts into that thing.

If you are arguing that then by RAW "space wolf scouts" aren't scouts and you can't use them anyways. Don't try to bend the rules to put a WGPL in there, he doesn't belong and he isn't allowed. Trust me.

no i wasn't trying to argue that they weren't scouts, i was just saying that i've always been under the impression that he counts as a scout during the game, i wouldn't try to put him in that speeder personally, i would feel dirty even if the rules let me

no i wasn't trying to argue that they weren't scouts, i was just saying that i've always been under the impression that he counts as a scout during the game, i wouldn't try to put him in that speeder personally, i would feel dirty even if the rules let me

I guess I mis-understood your post.

A WGPL can't ride in a Storm. Others aren't even certain if Space Wolf scouts can ride in a Storm (argument mainly led by Jeske).

A WGPL can't ride in a Storm. Others aren't even certain if Space Wolf scouts can ride in a Storm (argument mainly led by Jeske).

He's stretching saying that they can't. Reading the rules literally, which is all we have until GW says otherwise, Space Wolf Scouts are scouts. Thus, since scouts can go in a Storm, they can. To say otherwise is silly, until we have hard proof.

He's stretching saying that they can't. Reading the rules literally, which is all we have until GW says otherwise, Space Wolf Scouts are scouts. Thus, since scouts can go in a Storm, they can. To say otherwise is silly, until we have hard proof.

That's the way I'm playing it, that we can use it, however not OBEL with them. It is tempting though to outflank them, shoot up transports, then charge the squads inside with some power weapons. ^_^

I just hope you guys understand why I'm saying WGPL's can't ride in the storm, if not then PM me or something. :)

That's the way I'm playing it, that we can use it, however not OBEL with them. It is tempting though to outflank them, shoot up transports, then charge the squads inside with some power weapons. ;)

I just hope you guys understand why I'm saying WGPL's can't ride in the storm, if not then PM me or something. ;)

Oh no, I can't imagine that you could take anything with Power Armour in there unless your buddies say its okay, and its just for fun. But I still want to try out OBEL with one squad, and Storm with another.

OBEL and the speeder as a 2 squad combo is disgusting, especially if your opponent does not comprehend how much hurt is dropping on him, you can easily take on 3-4 tac squads with that, and they will more than likely run away

Toss in a drop podding force, and well, hehehe. :HS:

Archived