Landraider Crusaders

moranimal

Hi all, did a search and didn't see this particular topic covered. (If so, my apologies in advance.) When a unit disembarks from a Crusader during the movement phase, and the Crusader fires through the unit prior to the assault phase, it is my understanding that the enemy unit would now gain a cover save since you're firing over one of your own units? Is this correct, or am I missing something? Thanks in advance.

Of course the LR would still have to obey LOS rules and although im not entirely sure where you look from (hull or weapons themselves) You may find when you shoot the enemy arent obscured by your troops (remember half the enemy has to be obscured to get a cover save).

GC08

Of course the LR would still have to obey LOS rules and although im not entirely sure where you look from (hull or weapons themselves)

You'd measure from the weapons on a vehicle. Worth noting that the individual weapons are treated as if they were seperate models in a conventional unit, for the purpose of establishing whether the majority of the enemy is in cover. Cover saves are not assigned on a weapon by weapon basis.

Of course the LR would still have to obey LOS rules and although im not entirely sure where you look from (hull or weapons themselves)

You'd measure from the weapons on a vehicle. Worth noting that the individual weapons are treated as if they were seperate models in a conventional unit, for the purpose of establishing whether the majority of the enemy is in cover. Cover saves are not assigned on a weapon by weapon basis.

Thats good to know, but it leaves me with a question...

If you have moved and can only shoot one sponson, and say for example the left sponson has clear LOS, but the right has oscured LOS (men in front), then could you opt to shoot the left and avoid the cover saves?

Edit could you also provide quotes or page number from BBB rulebook about LOS and weapons, i got burned in a game by a 'rules lawyer' once and it would be handy for future reference.

If you are only allowed to fire one weapon, I can see nothing at all to stop you from choosing the weapon that will have the best effect. This strikes meas standard practice really. Not sure off the top of my head if you can ellect not to fire one or more weapons voluntarily to try and avoid cover saves though. At the very least, I am sure you can hold back on limited ammo weapons but otherwise really not sure.

Rules for vehicle LoS are on page 58.

Archived