combat patrol question

Ullr Direfang

i have a quick question about combat patrols:

If you have a space wolf combat patrol, do you have to have a grey hunter squad?

i would say yes, but my LGS rules for it didn't mention that you need to fill troop requirements(1+ GH, or 1+ Fire warriors, etc.). the reason i say yes is that the wolflair army builder says you have to and it really kinda makes sense being that the core troops wold more then likely be on the combat patrol.

It really depends on the rules of the combat patrol in question. If the rules state no unit requirements, then no, you dont have to have a GH squad. If unit requirements are still in effect, then yes, you would have to have at least a 6 man squad. So ask the admin what the combat patrol requirements are.

40k In 40 Minutes, one style of combat patrol, requires you to. As for the 500 point size... Im really not sure. Check with the organiser.

That being said Id go with Grey Hunters over BC for Combat patrol as theyre simply more versatile.

I always go GHs first but it is nice to be able to back them up with the cheaper BCs even at 500pts you can field

quite a few troops

I've done better at 500pts with 1xGH +1xBC rather than two smaller GH packs

D.

Archived