Army project: Chaos warband

Alxin

Hi all! I`m newb on this forum, and it`s my first serious topic. :devil: And sorry for my English ^_^

All has begun with the small order. My friend has asked to paint his possesed marines. At me was not experiences of painting and consequently has decided to fulfil skill in the favourite style - maximum realism ;)

First and second pack of possesed marines. In these miniatures I used different colour schemes for an armour.

Between painting 2 packs possesed marines i paint one small daemon(?) - spawn. But I remained is dissatisfied with result. Could make and it is better.

My friend remained completely is happy with result and has decided to order to me some more miniatures. It a big fan of raptors and consequently these remarkable miniatures have appeared the following for painting.

For painting of these miniatures I have decided to use metallics and new washes. First and second pack of raptors.

Raptors so were pleasant to my friend that it has transferred me the whole box of miniatures and has suggested most to choose colour schemes and technicians for painting. Who has only specified and to what gods should worship.

After small break i begin paint small squad chosen chaos marines and 4 terminators with mark of Slaanesh.

Models of obliterators became serious test for me. Not only that they were healthy so they still were converted. In first time i paint only one obliterator, and after approval of a miniature by the customer, has painted also the others.

After such big models I have decided to paint something easier and the remained chosen space marines became a victims :)

I have spent time for painting of these miniatures of an order of 1-2 months. And after that there has come enough big break, because of personal problems. But sometimes I came back to miniatures and even could paint group of death guard marines.

When Forgeworld begin selling new death guard miniatures my friend by this and send me for painting. On them I used other colour scheme and have received a sheer pleasure from painting of these highdetailed miniatures.

The model of Khârn with which I painted for one painting duel became last replenishment in a warband of my friend.

I plan to fill up this text with new references to the miniatures from army of my friend. Shortly I plan to paint sorcerer on a bike. I will be glad to listen to yours of the comments and the remark.

These miniatures not unique of my works. In the signature are references to my galleries. I hope to you it will be pleasant! :)

I like the look of your work as it's very dark and gothic - it fits in with the Chaotic nature of Chaos. The Slaneesh Terminators are very gritty too. They look far nicer than the bright look that GW use. My favourites are the second batch of Raptors and the NMM look of Khârn. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

if you can find the time pm me the scheme for the raptors

No problem :lol:

Base color - chaos black.

------

Armor:

1. Tin bitz+Boltgun;

2. Highlight - boltgun;

3. Green wash

4. Gryphone sepia wash

5. Another layer sepia wash

6. Black wash

It`s all ;)

------

For gold part:

On gold paint - red wash and sepia wash.

After this drybrush gold paint on border gold part.

------

Red part:

Foundation dark red (i dont know how this name)

Highlight with Red gore+Blood red

After this - sepia wash and after dry black wash.

It`s all. Thanks for comments!

What kind of paints do you use?

A big part of my paints - Citadel (incl. some Foundation and all Washes), some Rackham(Black, Red, White and red paints. Vallejo varnish and maybe 1-2 pots of P3 paints.

And again new model in this project Chaos sorcerer of Slaanesh on bike

http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics13/img4936d6fb2b042.jpg

For voting

Archived