Scabeiathrax

eyescrossed

I can't see why they wouldn't have given him feel no pain, when almost everything else nurgle has gets it, but if he hasn't got it, he hasn't got it.

I think the biggest reason why he doesn't have FnP is how tough he already is, and how few weaponry can touch him, also he's got a ton of wounds... FnP would make it impossible to kill him.

Well, yeah, anything short of Str6 can't wound him.

Heavy bolters beware!

This also means only the strongest of weaponry can take him out - half wouldn't even be able to wound him.

A great thing to take him out would be 3 Land Raider Terminus.

FnP would be redundant on him, as most Str 9 and 10 i.e weapons able to wound him reliably are AP1 or 2 and would therefore ignore FnP.

It would only be useful against weapons like Missile Launchers, Autocannons, Shuriken Cannons or Assault Cannons which only wound on fives or sixes anyway, so that would not make a big difference.

Btw I would take a Slaughterfiend Bloodpack formation to take care of him. 4 of these beasts could get rid of him in a single charge if he had been softened up before by some Obliterator shooting.

Oh and 3 LR Terminus would only remove 3 wounds a turn if all of their Lascannons are directed at him, not really effective.

What? 15 BS 4 twin-linked lascannons are only gonna cause 3 wounds?

I think not!

Well, on average they will, but... 15 lascannons have to do something.

Don't forget about the 4+ invun that would save half the wounds, and not all lascannons on the terminus are twin-linked, so you still need luck to hit with them all. Then again you could take Chronus and put him in a tank (and his brothers Bronus and Dronus who all suspiciously look like him and are all from similar chapters...strange :D )

It never says in the rules you have to roll the TL ones separately, so we just roll 'em all then reroll up to 3 misses.

I did factor the 4++ in as well, so after saves and everything, 3 terminus will cause 3 wounds.

Even though thats true, it's still unsporting and if I was the opponent I wold ask you to roll for each type of weapon seperately, just so it's fair and you don't somehow make a non twin-linked las cannon, twin-linked.

There also the factor of luck, obviously you can't take it into account but it can be against you :P

Even though thats true, it's still unsporting and if I was the opponent I wold ask you to roll for each type of weapon seperately, just so it's fair and you don't somehow make a non twin-linked las cannon, twin-linked.

Err... I don't actually own a Terminus - my friend does, and I let him roll them all together anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived