New scout Sarge

VonDrakenstorm

Not bad at all, and I think the hair looks pretty good, yours is minimal, which actually works for Space Wolves, instead of a full bushy afro. Good stuff.

Your painting is really good, very neat and crisp, but it lacks some highlights in some areas (the grey sleeves, for example). Just a quick light highlight would make those areas pop a bit more. I also think your red could do with another few thin coats just to get it a bit smoother, some of it looks a bit patchy.

I really like your white, by the way, really clean and crisp.

M

I LOVE the Tau hemet with the dagger through it - Consider it stolen!

Very nice model!

EDIT: The only thing is; Tau blood isn't red.

He's right, if you were getting at Tau blood on the knife itself. Its blue, too much cobalt in their blood.

That said, looks awesome!

Same way orks have red blood too, by any chance???

I thought they had black blood, no wait thats LOTR Orcs - Never mind.

Ive always thought that ork bloods colour varied from a medium red to dark red and even black in the biggest Warbosses.

On topic, thats a great looking Telion conversion. But the red on the inside of the cloak is a little thin in some places. It looks like youve used Red Gore or Scab Red? I'd suggest using Merchite Red. The colour is similar, but it covers much better.

ork blood is redder than human blood due to increased oxygen carrying capacity

it says in some ancient white dwarf ive had for 8 years ^^

anyway, i like this model, and im not a huge fan of the telion model, but your additions have changed my mind about it

In regards to ork blood, if it is the same colour as Warhammer Fantasy Orc blood (which you would assume it is) it states in one of the more recent incarnations of their Army Book that ork blood is a reddish purple.

Back on topic, the model looks great. My only coment is the symbol on his left shouler seems a little out of alignment with the shoulderpad and more aligned with the viewers perspective, this makes it look kind of wierd. Other then that, great model.

Latest O&G armybook "If the skin is pierced and the purplish-red blood begins to flow..." so yeah fantasy orcs at least have purple blood.

My only criticism would be that both the boltgun metal and the grey of the cloth look too clean for my liking, I would use some washs but thats just my preference, overall it looks really good.

Same way orks have red blood too, by any chance???

I thought they had black blood, no wait thats LOTR Orcs - Never mind.

I think they did (blacky green anyway), but then I think black library authors don't always know what they are writing about and it seems to have morphed.

Nice model too. :lol:

silver phoenix, i think the insingia on the shoulder is made up of the two symbols you see on the base, you can just make out the other one disappearing around the curve of the pad, but without a shot of the whole pad its hard to say for sure...

VonDrakenstorm, i assume the name is taken from the two runes you've chosen... i tried to avoid the rune hagal in my force as i felt it was too similar to the chaos star but thats a different matter entirely. One thing i would say is that there isn't enough space wolf iconography, wolf pelts, teeth or tails on him. Considering hes a wolf scout pack leader he really should have a few trophies somewhere.

Andy

I think I'm gonna use a little of all advices.

I'll highlight the sleeves, change the Tau red blood for a dark blue one and add SW stuff.

The KAUN rune is like the one on the base but I don't have a good picture of it.

I think I can make an amuet hanging on his wrist with some thin copper wire (0,1 mm or smaller) and green stuff.

Anyway I'm glad that you like my painting.

Kill the heretic and chase the unclean.

Archived