Need some Advice on Witch Hunters

CharityOfLight

Hi, I'm relatively new to the Warhammer 40,000 game (not to the universe, I've read a lot of books and such) and I'm finally about to start an army. Since I'd like to do an army that isn't very common in my area, I've decided on Witch Hunters force of about 1500 points to 2000 points. My army does have a quick story behind it...

During the first few months of the Asgard Heresy, the traitorous companies of the Asgard III Branimir Defense Legion dared to attack and destroy the Sacred Shrine of Saint Agatha the Immolator. With the rest of the Asgard system under attack from traitors within, it was up to the Sororitas of the Order of the Pure Rose to defend the shrine. With the limited aid of the loyal Lorakk Defense Legion, the Order of the Pure Rose held the traitors at bay. After the battle, however, there were so few Sisters left at the Shrine that their order was renamed the Order of the Wilting Rose, for they were all surely going to die anyway, with the appearance of the Alpha Legion in the Asgard system...

The basic idea for the army is speed. I'd like most of the units in the army to be fast, with transports and the like. Mostly Sisters of battle, and some Imperial Guardsmen. Feel free to add anything if you wish, and thank you.

I think there shouldn't be any problems getting this army up and going. Sister's can be a pretty speedy army with most units being either having jump packs or being able to get transports. For the imperial guard stuff maybe look at Imperial storm troopers instead of the full force of imperial guard. This would fit in with the speed aspect of the army as they can also ride around in transports as well.

Thanks, asianavatar, although the Imperial Guard element does have its importance in the planned force. A couple Infantry Platoons for some added numbers on the back flank couldn't hurt (especially since, in 1500-2000 point games, I'm expecting the enemy to have at least one Deep Striking unit. God I hope it isn't Terminators). PLus, I could also get a Guard tank for some extra armor, although I might want to use those points for something with better accuracy.

You could add Inquisitorial Stormtroopers as a troops choice and give them Rhinos or Chimeras as transports, then use 2 Inducted Imperial Guard Armored Fist squads mounted in Chimeras, then you can add Sentinels or a 0-1 Leman Russ. Something to think about.

Archived