Effectiveness of all Scout Armies in the new C:SM

dragonlady

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to throw in I've always had this idea of building an Urban Camo scout force with nothing but Scouts and some Whirlwinds. But instead of using a Whirlwind model, I'll build an CP/OP covered with a camo net that just happens to have the shape or a whirlwind.

Also, Scouts and Terminators is a fluffy AND effective force. I'll always remember when a squad of Terminators was guided into a precise landing right next to a Necron Lord and his 10 Immortals. Heavy Flamers bowled them over like little metal pins.

Anyone notice how the regular scouts with come with heavy bolter and snipers come with ML, when in fact the best way to use them is the other way around?.....just thought id share a strange thought.

Scouts and Terminators is a fluffy AND effective force

Its possible to run any army list with scouts instead of tac squads, Deepstriking termies and dreads are good combos with the scouts style of play.

Some of us are going all the way and having a PURE scout list, im currently looking at

Chapter master/captain on bike

10 bikers

5 or 6 scout squads

2 LSS

In fact im planning to do a LSS conversion, ill draw it up and do a WIP article for it when i get around to it, so watch this space.

GC08

I have a 1500pt all scouts army and have fielded it quite a fair bit ( here ) (I added in some LotD to hit 1750pts) I was going to take it to Devouror this year, but money issues got in the way, and when they were sorted the local tickets had gone...

Archived