Necrons and Kill Points

Legacy40k

I just want some confirmation on something regarding kill points.

If you kill a 10 man necron units completely.. and they get up and join a nearby unit.... you get a kill point. Though now killing the mega unit left will be a very hard kill point to get.

If you kill a Necron lord.. and he gets back up (due to the rez Orb).. you get a kill point, and if you kill him again.. you get a kill point.. and so on?

From what i can remember kill points are totalled at the end of the game from the 'dead' pile.

if necron squad A is wiped out but one 'man' gets back up to join squad B, then at the end of the game only 9 models from squad A are in the dead pile and hence you wont get the point.

The same for the lord, if hes on the table at the end of the game it technically doesnt matter how many times he died.

I could be wrong but this is how i see it!

GC08

At the end of the game, each player receives 1 "kill point" for each enemy unit that has been completely destroyed.

Seems clear cut. Its calculated at the end of the game. So if (though poor luck, lack of skill etc) every Necron unit you killed stood back up then you're not getting even one Kill point. At least unless a Necron FAQ says otherwise in the near future.

Seems clear cut. Its calculated at the end of the game. So if (though poor luck, lack of skill etc) every Necron unit you killed stood back up then you're not getting even one Kill point. At least unless a Necron FAQ says otherwise in the near future.

Not all true. If you wipe a warrior unit, then some parts stand back up and join a different unit, the original is still counted as destroyed since there's nothing left of it. Just because two become one doesn't mean they are still seperate and alive. In the codex, it talks about 50% casualties and the like, but it is extendable to the entirely destroyed mark.

The lord does have to be dead or awaiting a WBB roll to get a KP from him though.

Archived