RC LandRaider

BobPanda

I demand a video of this beauty in motion. I DEMAND IT! :devil:

For the Emperor, etc.

ok ... here you are ... :

This is incredible. Though once this is done the only way you'll be able to top it is to make an RC Titan. :verymad:

thanks for all the kind an motivating comments.

unf my cams batt. is empty.

but i can tel you what i have done in the last 2 hours.

i decided two additional motors + gear. one to rotate the multimelta-gunner on top. and the other one to move the assaultcanons up and down.

today i only managed to finish the first part of it. so now, the motor for the gunner is installed, the gear adjusted and also installed.

this was a lot of tricky work to do. i decided to place everything directly under the roofsection. but unf the motor was too big. so i turned the motor and cut a big whole in the side-section to provide enough space to mount the motor.

tomorrow i'll post some pics and mybe also a small vid to demonstrate what i mean.

not trying to create an argument but i don't find it offensive or consider it a swear word and im a kid

anyway bodpanda how fast do you think this will go once finished and will you be able to adjust the spee or will it be 1 speed

Dude, this is bloody awesome, seriously. Way toooooooo cool. Now I want a fully moving armoured company. :P

the word "bloody" is in no way offensive.

especially if your an australian (like me) or a pom (who share the same sort of humour as us ozzies)

Dude, this is bloody awesome, seriously. Way toooooooo cool. Now I want a fully moving armoured company. :D

the word "bloody" is in no way offensive.

especially if your an australian (like me) or a pom (who share the same sort of humour as us ozzies)

Quite! Honestly, the censors do not block "bloody", else it would show up as a <deleted by the inquisition> message. :o

Back on topic...Bobpanda, you never cease to amaze me! And this is no exception ;) I can't wait to see the whole thing finished.

Cheers!

Is this a project that requires some serious soldering and RC building experience?

I'm more than jealous, and would greatly enjoy the opportunity to chase the cat around with an LR.

Just to ask:

- Is this project using cannibalized RC components from Store Bought models?

- Or has it been done primarily with individual components from a high end RC store?

- Have you built the circuit boards yourself?

Sorry for so many questions, I just want to know the relative complexity of it.

Is this a project that requires some serious soldering and RC building experience?

I'm more than jealous, and would greatly enjoy the opportunity to chase the cat around with an LR.

Just to ask:

- Or has it been done primarily with individual components from a high end RC store?

ok ... so here are the answers :

- yes it is. i used this heng long kit from torro as "organ donor". :

http://cgi.ebay.at/NEUESTER-HENG-LONG-TANK...id=p3286.c0.m14

- no. reason is, that i just wanted to do it quick and easy. as i wanted NOT to use any compoent not being part of either the LR-kit, or the kit from above, to keep it as cheap as possible for anyone planing to do the same.

- :tu:

the only thing you'll need to do i a lot of cutting, milling and adjusting. you'll face some realz tricky challenges. but to be honest, now that you can see that 1. it can be done and 2. how it has to be done in this thread, i think it shouldn't be that much of a problem any more.

my next tank will hopefuly become a much more impressive one. i'm planing a baneblade with maybe metaltracks and spring-mounted chainwheels and a lot more rc-features than this LR you can see here. maybe i'll even manage to install a 6mm softaircanon into the oringinal canon. ;) - let's see.

-

but back to topic.

i think the greatest hing about this project is, that almost everzone could copy only using the two kits mentioned above.

therefore the overall material costs should not be higher than 80 - 85 euros ...

not trying to create an argument but i don't find it offensive or consider it a swear word and im a kid

anyway bodpanda how fast do you think this will go once finished and will you be able to adjust the spee or will it be 1 speed

just 1 speed.

Looking awesome..like it did in post 1 =-D

You might want to cover the tracks before you spray paint it, because, 1. When you start painting it, unless you spray the whole track, it'll look funny once it starts moving, and theres a part of the track thats painted, and another thats still black. 2, because it might crack (the paint) once it starts moving.

Just to ask:

ok ... so here are the answers :

- yes it is. i used this heng long kit from torro as "organ donor". :

http://cgi.ebay.at/NEUESTER-HENG-LONG-TANK...id=p3286.c0.m14

- no. reason is, that i just wanted to do it quick and easy. as i wanted NOT to use any compoent not being part of either the LR-kit, or the kit from above, to keep it as cheap as possible for anyone planing to do the same.

- :D

the only thing you'll need to do i a lot of cutting, milling and adjusting. you'll face some realz tricky challenges. but to be honest, now that you can see that 1. it can be done and 2. how it has to be done in this thread, i think it shouldn't be that much of a problem any more.

my next tank will hopefuly become a much more impressive one. i'm planing a baneblade with maybe metaltracks and spring-mounted chainwheels and a lot more rc-features than this LR you can see here. maybe i'll even manage to install a 6mm softaircanon into the oringinal canon. :P - let's see.

-

but back to topic.

i think the greatest hing about this project is, that almost everzone could copy only using the two kits mentioned above.

therefore the overall material costs should not be higher than 80 - 85 euros ...

Cheers for the info!

Not sure when I'll embark on the project, but youve given me everything I need.

It looks like your pretty accomplished within the RC hobby, do you ever play with helicopters?

Spirit of Hobbes, leave this corpse at once !!!

That's HUGE !

Once painted, it'll be just so great to see. Do suspension work (even on a basic mode) or the suspesion array are only here for aesthetic ?

Grats again for this great work.

DS

Archived