When dipping... what do you use?

Mmm. when I painted DW, I didn't dip, I just used brown ink (which GW doesn't make anymore..STUPIDS) But.. I know dipping will give you a good resultt, BUT it will pool on the large, flat parts of the armor, which will be harder to cover with bone colored paint (even if using a mixture of Foundations)

Good luck. Keep us posted

The new GW Sepia Wash is probably your best bet on this. Prime white, wash, then highlight. Search for the board and you will find several recent good examples of this.

I'm in the middle of doing 100 terminators with this method.

This is the best guide I know of:

http://www.dysartes.com/model/painting/Dipping1.php

I bet base white with some almond colored stain would work. Not sure though, haven't tried it. You should experiment using crappy old minis.

Hope that helps.

:unsure:

I am also working on a "dipping" project for, Emperor forgive me, a xenos scum army (Tyranids). What I discovered is that you can get a product called Future's Finish (or some equivalent), and then make your own tint. It does the same thing as the other stains, is a lot cheaper, $4.00 USD, but you have the advantage of being able to make your own color...and you get enough in one bottle to probably do a couple of armies.

The other thing is, you don't have to do the whole "dipping" thing. You can just brush this stuff on and it yields the same results, thus saving you on your materials. No wastage.

Anyway, if you aren't too far into your project, you might give that a shot, I've been very impressed with the results.

Archived