allocating wounds on multiple wound models.

traxter

hi all. just had a quick question as i dont have my rule book in front of me. and yes i do own 2 copies of it.

if i shoot and get 2 wounds with telion into an ork boys squad with a nob and zoggwartz. and i allocate the 2 wounds to each. 1 on zogg and 1 on the nob , then i shoot and get 7 wounds on the squad from sternguard. does the orc player have to allocate more of those wounds onto the nob and zoggwartz because of taking whole models before wounds off or can he kill 7 boys? and leave zogg and the nob with 1 wound each?

i know there is something in the rules about taking whole models first but is that just meant for a squad full of multiple wound models?

hi all. just had a quick question as i dont have my rule book in front of me. and yes i do own 2 copies of it.

if i shoot and get 2 wounds with telion into an ork boys squad with a nob and zoggwartz. and i allocate the 2 wounds to each. 1 on zogg and 1 on the nob , then i shoot and get 7 wounds on the squad from sternguard. does the orc player have to allocate more of those wounds onto the nob and zoggwartz because of taking whole models before wounds off or can he kill 7 boys? and leave zogg and the nob with 1 wound each?

i know there is something in the rules about taking whole models first but is that just meant for a squad full of multiple wound models?

Your right the rulebook's example is with a squad of multi-wound characters only, i think the answer is no, and the reason is the allocation rules work to the owning players advantage, he gets to nominate where the wounds go, and remember single wound models 'counts as' whole models, dont forget zogg is an IC aswell!

In this situation if you wanted to make it easier to follow, fire Telion last, at least of you manage to get a wound on a nob through normal shooting, Telion can finish him off!

Hope you can understand this, im rubbish at explaining myself

GC08

In actuality it doesn't matter, since all firing is resolved at the same time. So you'd get 7 regular hits + 2 you can choose. The "you choose" bit always comes in last, as the others are dispersed as your opponent sees fit. So he can put 7 wounds on different guys if he wants, then you put your two wounds on each character. Though why you wouldn't just kill off the nob with both rounds, just to be sure, is beyond me.

It's not as clear as it could be, but the rule book does tell you what would happen in this situation in the third paragraph in this section.

Simply, the owning player allocates the wounds regardless of how many multi-wound models are in the unit, allocating through in any order they wish until all models have one wound allocated and then starting again if there are sufficient wounds and so on.

Saves are then taken for identical models together. So if they had a few identical multi-wound models in the unit then their saves from all of their allocated wounds would be taken together. From the un-saved wounds they would then have to remove whole models first.

However, in the case you have stated the two multi-wound models are not identical, and so they would only have to take saves for the wounds allocated to them (as individually they are all of the identical multi-wound models in the unit). So the Nob and Zogg will only lose wounds from the wounds allocated to them. In your example as long as the unit had at least 7 Boys remaining then the 7 wounds caused by your Sternguard could be allocated just to the Boys.

As GC08 said, I hope you can understand this, it is fairly difficult to explain!

I think once you do it a few times it will be easier to understand

As Seahawk says Telion 'chooses' were to put the wounds, but from what i understand of the rules it doesnt allow you to 'break' wound allocation rules.

What i mean is playing Telion allows you to choose where to put the wounds on the opposing players models (as opposed to the owner), however the wound allocation rules, strictly prevent you from putting more than a single wound on any model until the whole unit has taken a wound!

And because Telion is capable of doing two wounds per turnm those wounds would have to be placed on different models would they not?

Its very confusing and of course my interpretation of the rules, but it doesnt say anywhere that he can place both wounds on one model, hence you have to follow RAW wound allocation rules!

GC08

Yes, the two wounds caused by Telion are allocated by you, but they must follow the wound allocation rules. The only time you could therefore place both wounds on a single model would be if it was a unit of one model. An IC who has joined another unit counts as part of that unit for wound allocation.

In the example, the shots are coming in from two seperate units, Telion (and imagine some scouts) and the Sternguard. Their firing is therefore resolved seperately, so allocating wounds would start again from fresh when the Sternguard open fire, regardless of where Telion's wounds were allocated.

Yes, the two wounds caused by Telion are allocated by you, but they must follow the wound allocation rules. The only time you could therefore place both wounds on a single model would be if it was a unit of one model. An IC who has joined another unit counts as part of that unit for wound allocation.

In the example, the shots are coming in from two seperate units, Telion (and imagine some scouts) and the Sternguard. Their firing is therefore resolved seperately, so allocating wounds would start again from fresh when the Sternguard open fire, regardless of where Telion's wounds were allocated.

This is exactly how understood the rules.

Fantastic...i actually got something right :woot:

GC08

Archived