Crimson Fist Assault Marines

Brother SRM

Part of my ever-expanding Crimson Fists army, and one of the few squads that aren't from the Rogue Trader era.

Here they are:

The whole squad:

med_gallery_27105_2876_28010.jpg

Sergeant and other details:

med_gallery_27105_2876_1140404.jpg

Plasma pistolier 1:

med_gallery_27105_2876_928331.jpg

Plasma pistolier 2 and friends:

med_gallery_27105_2876_408493.jpg

Both plasma pistoliers and the rest:

med_gallery_27105_2876_1198758.jpg

Hope you like em! I plan to get some urban basing on them around Christmas, but I don't have the facilities to here in Boston.

Comments and criticism welcome!

I'm aware; the rest of my marines have just the left fist colored red. However, in all the pictures in the codecis, Crimson Fist assault marines have both fists painted red.

I just sort of went off of that, and I liked the look. Also, this lets me do a little bit of back and forth if I ever want to make them Vanguard vets.

Glad you liked em otherwise!

I'm aware; the rest of my marines have just the left fist colored red. However, in all the pictures in the codecis, Crimson Fist assault marines have both fists painted red.

I just sort of went off of that, and I liked the look. Also, this lets me do a little bit of back and forth if I ever want to make them Vanguard vets.

Hah, awesome. Good to hear you know what your doing. Good stuff my friend.

Versatility is nice but don't use the pictures in the codexies to get proper markings. The Eavy Metal team either has no clue what the proper markings and insignia are, or they change it and add their own touches to make their models more unique and individualised. Either way the official markings tend to be different than what you will see depicted in codex pictures.

nice paintjob!

why didnt u outfit the sergeant with one of the plasma pistols?

I always tend to max out the sergeant and use the others as ablative shielding, as I like to have the sergeant be the last man standing when the bodies start dropping.

Well, a plasma pistol would be 15 more points tacked onto the squad, and I really don't like the idea of losing my powerfist to an overheat! Putting 40 points of wargear on one guy with 1 wound and no invulnerable save always seemed a little risky to me.

Glad you liked the paintjob though :lol:

Hello all, I have been involved with 40K for some time now, mainly Space Wolves though. I am interested in developing Crimson Fists and prefer to stick to the fluff as much as possible. Where can I find material discussing their markings, i.e two red fists for veterans versus one red fist for rank and file?

Thanks in advance for any references.

Great looking marines there Brother SRM.

I'd love to see the rest of your force (could you link me with that?)

And Esponjabob, heres a little bit from Lexicanum

Edit: Funny flash you have there SRM

Well, I don't have pics of my entire force, but I do have my gallery, which gets updated fairly often:

Crimson Fists, some DA and Space Wolves for flavor

Glad you liked the toon too!

@Solanus: In all honesty, I think it's mostly the Crimson Fist color scheme. Very stern and grimdark. Also, these assault marines are pretty much without any ornamentation, save a purity seal or grenade here and there.

PS: I just got some rubble to base them today! Hopefully they'll be nice n' based soon and I can make a new thread with freshly based Fists...

Thanks for the comments everybody!

When I first started playing Crimson Fists, two red fists designated a member of a Crusade Company. More recently, GW has implied that two red fists indicates a veteran CF. The Lexicanum lists the 1st Co. as a Crusade Company, supporting both statements.

That doesn't necessarily mean that the 1st Co. is the only Crusade Company. There could have been Companies on crusade prior to the Rynn's World Incident, or Companies sent on crusade since it happened.

Whichever line of fluff you subscribe to, don't let it dictate how you paint your marines. If you think they look cool, go with that ;)

@Baal Dropout: Yes, the basing is going to be the typical grey rubble + random crap mix. Probably throw in some bricks made from sprues, Cadian helmets, skulls here and there. The usual. Glad you liked the toon too!

@wienas: I'm not totally sure what fluff justification to give for the squad having 2 red fists instead of just the left. I was thinking that with my Crimson Fists, initiates are scouts then marines, and only later are promoted to assault marines? Or having both fists painted red is symbolic of their fury instead of veteran status, just in the case of the assault marines? Fluff is mutable so I can always find a reason, but I'm still digging for one that holds water.

I've based all the models with urban rubble + various rocks, bits of IG stuff, and a torn up Chaos helmet.

Unfortunately, I won't have access to my camera till Monday.

Should get to see my new and improved Fists then, plus a jump pack captain I made for em!

EDIT/PS: The Fists see battle for their first time tomorrow! Wish me luck :devil:

i can't wait to see that captain! Bases sound good too, i am going for a desert wasteland type of basing myself, as that is what terrain i am making my new gaming table in(time permitting). I will be watching this thread closely for updates, Support By Fire.

P.S. God luck in battle, and may the Emperor be with you.

Looking very nice!

oh and SRM, I hope you don't mind, I borrowed your use of the banner on the dread...

Please, feel free. It's stolen from someone here on B&C anyway :P

@Support By Fire: The captain is made from one of the Masters of the Chapter, a jump pack, and a techmarine-ish head. Just looks like one of the 'ardest guys you'd find in the Crimson Fists. His name? Captain Chingon; which is Mexican slang for "badass."

Once you see him you'll understand the title ^_^

EDIT:

I made a new thread with all these guys with basing, plus the afmorementioned captain:

Chingon and his assault marines

Archived