Conversion ideas please

jackmatt

Hi all,

i am wanting to do a conversion of The Red Corsairs former Chief Apothecary, (aka The Corpsemaster) and use the rules for Fabius Bile (counts as) any ideas or as someone done this conversion allready??

I haven't heard of him before now, where can I find info on him?

Edit: I'm guessing he's in the December White Dwarf (?).

As for converting him using Fabius, keep in mind I know nothing about him but:

I'd sculpt a beard or a skin-mask using GS to change the face from that of Fabius, weapon swaps are also something I'd look into depending on his background. Maybe remove the backpack (or change it entirely) and make one myself with GS + plastic rod and guitar wire.

Hi all,

i am wanting to do a conversion of The Red Corsairs former Chief Apothecary, (aka The Corpsemaster) and use the rules for Fabius Bile (counts as) any ideas or as someone done this conversion allready??

Neat idea. I hadn't considered doing that yet and I'm in the middle of painting my 2k of Red Corsairs up. I may have to steal that...

I don't know why, but when I read about him I got the image of an incredibly wizened and hunched over marine with all sorts of breathing tubes, chemical vats and bretahing apparatus strapped to him. An apothecary model might be a good place to start, perhaps with a Skaven Poison Wind Globadier back pack. Since he is described as a former apothecary, you might want to make a mini diorama out of him (for example, you could have him bending down harvesting a fallen Red Corsair's gene seed or some such).

He's mentioned briefly on the double-page spread in the new Chaos Codex - the 'Wolf of Fenris' story. I've been intrigued by the Corpsemaster since I read that mention, and I would also use Bile's rules for him... not sure on a conversion idea, though... sorry!

:wacko:

I remember that reference, it seems like an interesting tidbit of a character, the perfect kind to expand upon.

I think of him as an almost skeletal/lich figure. Maybe even go so far as straight up animated skeleton look.

Possibly some robes (Dark Angels) combined with the normal Apothecary gear (its unique and Red Corsairs are still a fairly new Traitor so their stuff should look semi-normal). Maybe the skull helmet, I think the Chaos Warriors has one (from Fantasy) that gets used for Chaplains alot.

Add arms/legs hanging off a chain in his hand, kind of like a fishing line of body parts.

On page 53 of the December issue of White Dwarf (UK) in the Red Corsair section of the article "A Tale of Four Gamers" in the Chaos army by Matt Hutson, there appears to be some form of what in my opinion looks like something out of the Adeptus Mechanicus, it's shown in the right hand picture panel, and is next to the Rhino furthest to the left hand side of the image, the model seems to have a power fist and its left hand shoulder seems to have an adeptus mechanicus logo, this could be the image you are looking for as use for your inspiration.

Hope that helps. :D :P ;)

I don't have that issue Skaav, but the model you described sounds like the guys conversion of Armanneus Valthex, the techmarine, it was in the november issue.

Oh... I must have skipped that particular page in the issue :).

Didn't even know the Red Corsairs kept their Techs, I though it was more of an Iron Warrior thing. Ah well... live and learn. :huh: :P :)

If you manage to find something to help you, I'd be most interested in seeing what you achieve in your conversion work, I shall be watching this topic with interest. :)

Another idea is you could use an Apothecary-type model in a Chaos Space Marines squad and have the whole squad count as Plague Marines with the Apothecary as the Champion. This is something I'm considering atm...

it's a very good idea.

I wonder why they do not make Mark of Nurgle to confer Feel no Pain - seems painfuly obvious ...

I wonder why they do not make Mark of Nurgle to confer Feel no Pain - seems painfuly obvious ...

What would be the point in PMs? that's why.

Not FnP and T increase, but simple FnP.

PM have also Fearless and Bloght Granades. Maybe even +1T.

And beside - why they should be so much different ? In 3.0, 3.5 there were no distinction between PM and Nurgle Marine anyway ...

I have used the Fabius body for a couple different conversions, the skin coat is just so perfect and evil it BEGS for character conversions.

I like the head from the last gen plastic CSM "mutation" sprue that looks like a guy with his mouth sewn shut and a leather strap around his eyes. It would give the vibe (imho) of a person that has experimented on himself extensively.

You could take the loyalist Apothecary arm (the one with the drills and stuff) and "chaos" it up a bit for one hand and maybe still use Fabi's Syringe gun in the other hand and call it a ***** Pistol while the apothecary hand counts as a power weapon or PF.

You could even take a Urien (? the lead Homonuculi DE guy) fig and replace his arms with more CSM-ish arms and replace the head, or not. Then you'd have a perverted medic looking guy in leather robes that looks like a "Cenobite" from the Hellraiser movies.

• 1 month later...

I've noticed the Servo-Harness that comes with the new Techmarine w/Cannon has an interesting pose. Maybe you could experiment with it by taking out the ammunition and replace it with a Marine of your/rival warband or maybe dragging the corpse from a corpse pile if the gap is too small.

I would put that arm on the Fabius Bile backpack somehow, and attach that to the Huron model (I chose him because of the bottles and augmetics, to emphasise the Apothecary idea). I'd take Fabius' arm w/the needle gun and attach the gun to a Loyalist Apothecary arm w/medi-equipment. As for his other arm, I would choose a thin sword to convey 'surgery' into his combat, but then again a weird Power Fist changed to look like the fingers are splitting for keyhole surgery would be fun...

To disguise Huron, my choice would be to drape some flayed corpse flesh over his power armour and back like a short cape, and add hair on the unwounded side of the head using Green Stuff.

Archived