relic blade and storm shield.

Charlie Chaplain

Hi,

First post for the new boy, so no excruciation in the pain glove if I get something really wrong, please. Now - relic blade - 2 handed weapon, can't use another weapon? fine. Storm shield - not a weapon, don't benefit from 2 cc weapons? Also fine. Can a character have both?

Now - a bolter is a two handed weapon, so, theoretically, if the two handedness is the issue you couldn't use a bolter with a storm shield. (though why would you?) Does the stormshield limit you to a 1 hand weapon? Can't see it in the rules.

Thanks.

PS. can someone point me at a reliable proceedure for getting my avatar up? I'm just a bit challenged in this area. Cheers.

i pretty sure that you can use a storm shield with a relic blade you just dont get the extra attack.

If its in your codex you can take it

e.g it might say "swap chainsword for relic blade for Xpts, swap bolter for storm shield for Xpts"

Check the codex if you can

this was addressed recently in another thread here.

in short, there are no more 1-handed 2-handed rules. the relic blade does not allow for an additional attack from 2 CCWs. from that point, if the army list allows it, a model may have both the relic blade and storm shield, and base attacks. absolutely nothing illegal.

see vanguard squad sgt. options on P.135 of C:SM. I don't know of any other example,s but this is indeed legal.

this was addressed recently in another thread here.

in short, there are no more 1-handed 2-handed rules. the relic blade does not allow for an additional attack from 2 CCWs. from that point, if the army list allows it, a model may have both the relic blade and storm shield, and base attacks. absolutely nothing illegal.

see vanguard squad sgt. options on P.135 of C:SM. I don't know of any other example,s but this is indeed legal.

WooHoo! :devil:

Archived