....sternguard and special ammuntion....

alpha marine

Hi there

I just want to make sure i understand these rules correctly :sweat:

1. When it comes to embarking and disembarking troops, can the vehicle have move any amount of inches and still allow

troops in or out?

2. Can the sternguard fire there special issue ammunition at maximum distance if they've disembarked?

3. Is the sternguard special ammunition able to fire on rapid fire at maximum distance?

how much success have you had with the new sternguard choice and would you use them in a rhino?

1 - read the embarking and disembarking sections in the BRB under transports.

2 - all sternguard special ammo is reapid fire and uses those rules.

3 - rapid fire rules mean that you may fire once, if you haven't moved, to maximum distance (this varies between the special ammo types), OR twice at 12", moved or not. Please reread the rapid fire weapons description at the end of the shooting phase rules in the BRB. these questions are very clearly answered there.

Hello^^

1. There is no limit to how many inches a vehicle moves for disembarking in 5th edition. However Fast Vehicles using the Flat out movement rule that are transports may not have their passengers disembark. (so a vehicle on a road can move 18" and still have them disembark^^)

2 and 3. Their special ammo remains rapid fire and all regular rapid fire rules continue to function. So disembarking means they count as moved and double tapping(i assume when you say rapid fire you meant the double shot as otherwise of course they may rapid fire their own maximum distance(do note the changing max distance of each ammo type) if they haven't moved^^) is only allowed with 12".

Haven't gotten to use them yet, I would use them in whatever fits with the rest of the list. A drop pod I believe is one of the favourites, but I believe any transport has its use^^

Hope that helps :sweat:

ja thanks, that's about what i had in mind, just wasn't completely sure.

i figured it would only be the one shot to maximum, just seemed to good to be true.

And thanks for clearing up vehicle movement and disembarking!

THE EMPEROR WATCHES OVER ALL!

Archived