[ARTWORK] Quick sketches of Space Marines...

fylth

Hey everyone, just thought id post up some of my latest sketches ;)

So here we go...

This first one is little more than a sketch really, entitled "Never leave a man behind"

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/eviled25/Neverleaveamanbehind.jpg

The other one is much better in my opinion, I spent a little bit more time on it :eek Its called "The Last Stand"

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/eviled25/laststand.jpg

Comments and criticsms more than welcome :P

-Fylth

Well, they are both nice drawings, but tbh I like the first one better.

The second one might be more detailed, but a marine showing off on top of a pile of bodies has been done way too many times B)

The first one really shows the devotion of the marines,

the "living" one trying to rescue his brother, and the belimbed one still serving the emperor, even when he is nigh dead. :D

you should really work out the first one :P

Haha, you have a point, thing is I was listening to MIA by avenged sevenfold at the time and felt like doing something epic, yet cheesy :P

I will work on the first one more tomorrow, I just had the idea randomly and sketched it, so more to come i suppose :D

-Fylth

Aha - an illustration of the famous Crimson Fists all-comers tactic "find a hill, gather everyone together for final stand against impossible odds"

:D Ha Ha! I think that's from the same page in the codex astartes as the Ultramarine's tactic of 'form an extended line as long as possible and then charge to point blank range before unleashing as much fire as possible while your leader challenges the enemy commander to single combat', as well as the galaxy famous 'get a chaplain/captain/standard bearer on a bit of sticking up rock so the enemy has someone to pick out and shoot at while we charge in peace' strategy.

Seriously, back on topic, those are great sketches, I look forward to seeing the top one refined.

Archived