witch hunters army

petesamd

hello.

For my Birthday I'm receiving an canoness, exorcist, as well as three squads of sisters of battle. my reasoning is that the canoness of course for my HQ, the 3 squads for a strong core, and an exorcist cause its a cool . I buy s more for the painting and conversions than the game, which I've never played. now sense I don't have the codex I gotta ask some foolish question: Because the exorcist is part rhino is it a transport? roughly how many points did I buy? Thanks for the help!

Petesamd

We can't post specifics, but the sort of general questions he asked are all right.

The exorcist is not a transport. It is built on the Rhino chassis, yes, but it forgoes transport capacity to store the fuel, ammo, and systems needed to operate the rocket launcher.

You have, very roughly, maybe around 750 points (assuming each "box" of sisters had 10 models, including veteran superiors and special weapons). It all depends on how you upgrade things, of course. But 750pts is a good ballpark estimate.

Hope that helps.

Since you're doing a footslogging army (no rhinos), then you can go from 31 models and a vehicle to 61 models and a vehicle.

That in mind...

I'd estimate you have anywhere between 520-ish (bare bones squads and upgrades) and 1300-ish points (max squads, expensive upgrades, etc).

I'd say for just starting you got a good selection of units also. I'd add Seraphim definately, possibly an Immolator down the road as well. Beyond that it starts becoming personal choice in terms of which direction do you want the army to go (Sisters specific or general Witch Hunters, will you use Grey Knight allies, etc) that only more games will tell you. But it's a good start.

Oh, and buy a Codex :devil:

Archived