Starting Grey knights

Bigger-than-Jesus

Right, just have a couple of questions about the boys in shiney armour-

Are redeemers worth it?(it is one loverly mini)

Is a 5-man purgation squad with psycannons worth the rediculous amount of both money and points that it costs?

I'm sure I'll have more questions later, but right now all I can think of is that I've christmas tests all this week in school

AFAIK, there's no rules for redeemers in IA yet. They're going to update that eventually though.

THe purgation squad would be dependant on who you're fighting. Against daemons? Sure. Against Marines? Eh...

Yeh Redeemers arent available to GK yet but hopefully they do a psycannon version to go with the new Forgeworld model!!

As for purgation squads if you making an all comers list then no, too many points that should be used on dreads or land raiders

Even if we could take redeemers, I prefer the crusader anyway. But that's just me.

A pur squad is not worth it. You can't afford to spend that many points on what amount defensively to 5 basic marines. Also, you will need your HS slots open for dreads and/or land raiders. And finally, whatever points you invest in Power Armoured Grey Knights (PAGKs) should be spent on TROOPS grey knights, so they count as scoring units.

Whether psycannons are worth taking on PAGKs or not is a big debate. Personally, I like a squad or two with them, but I know others disagree, and they have very valid points. Again, it's a matter of preference. However, if you do take psycannons, the best way is in 5-6 man "mini-purgation" Troops squads.

Guess the purgation squad's out then lol.

Rough list then

Grand master with psycannon-165 points?

INQ lord with PW, arty armour, Holocaust, sanctuary, familiar, combat servitor, 2 HB servitors-181 points?

5 Termys-BC with psycannon, holocaust, psycannon-306 points?

2x10 PAGKS-Justicar with psycannon bolts, 2 incinerators-710 points?

10 PAGKS-Justicar with psycannon bolts, 2 psycannons-315 points?

Redeemer-240 points?

1917 pointsish

I don't know one of those values seeing as how it's 3 years or so since I've look at the codex and what with being in school and all I can't exactly recall the values exactly. Any thoughts on the list? Those 80 points are left at the end of the list for anything else I should add in or for values I may have got wrong.

Bigger-than-Jesus Posted Today, 05:25 PM

Redeemer-240 points?

GK LR Redeemer is not in the codex, or in any of FW's Imperial Armour books (yet). Don't select units you don't have rules for, we don't know how long it will be before it becomes legal (non-opponent's permission) in a codex.

Bigger-than-Jesus Posted Today, 05:25 PM

Redeemer-240 points?

GK LR Redeemer is not in the codex, or in any of FW's Imperial Armour books (yet). Don't select units you don't have rules for, we don't know how long it will be before it becomes legal (non-opponent's permission) in a codex.

It's more I'm getting the thing lol I was just guessing what it'd cost.And on how long it'll be before it becomes legal-according to warseer GKs are in IA7, so I'd be willing to bet the redeemer's in there.

I built a magnetized LR/LRC. Making a LRC/LRR should be even easier since the AC and grenade launchers are common to each. That is, if you're handy with magnets and don't mind paying extra on eBay for the weapon sponsons.

I'm sure others will agree when I say don't bother with melee weapons for your Inquisitor Lord squad. DHs are best when they shoot. :)

I built a magnetized LR/LRC. Making a LRC/LRR should be even easier since the AC and grenade launchers are common to each. That is, if you're handy with magnets and don't mind paying extra on eBay for the weapon sponsons.

I'm sure others will agree when I say don't bother with melee weapons for your Inquisitor Lord squad. DHs are best when they shoot. :D

I'm tempted to drop them completely and take a plasma/incinerator dread instead, should give me an extra 30ish points if I do that

Mini-purg squads with 2 psycannons give you more troops which are important and powerful land-bases of firepower. 2 psycannons and 4-5 ablative wounds makes for nice little 6-7 man squads that put out alot of fire-power. The only issue is getting hold of the psycannon models which are blistered only. You can find them cheap though through ebay like I have.

Very true iamnothere!!

If your dropping the Inq your main units to choose from will be PAGK,GKT, Land raiders and dreads. The occasional IST squad can provide some different firepower but i take pure GK personally. There is the ORb Barrage but theres another thread debating the use of them you can look at.

Grand master with psycannon-165 points?

INQ lord with PW, arty armour, Holocaust, sanctuary, familiar, combat servitor, 2 HB servitors-181 points?

5 Termys-BC with psycannon, holocaust, psycannon-306 points?

2x10 PAGKS-Justicar with psycannon bolts, 2 incinerators-710 points?

10 PAGKS-Justicar with psycannon bolts, 2 psycannons-315 points?

Redeemer-240 points?

1917 pointsish

Grand Master could use the Hammerhand pyschic power and possibly have a incinerator too.

This way it'll deal very well with dreadnoughts which strength 6 only glances most. Also the incinerator because it'll add more template of death before you charge from the LR.

heres a build I use for the Inquisitor Lord

Inquisitor Lord w (with)/Pyscannon, Auspex Retinue: 3 Gun servitor (Plasma Cannon/Plasmagun), 3 Mystic, 3 Sage, 1 Acolyte

220pts

Here you can possibly place a Plasma Cannon template on deepstrikers which can be re-rolled with the sages and much more...

Termies should use Incinerator from LR, drop holocaust because it affects all the squads for perlis of warp.

Drop incinerators from your PAGK because they have no transport. Probs make them Vanilla instead.

Ohyeah and just use the SM rules if your opponent agrees or a LRC variant instead.

Archived