Vampire plague marines

The Master

I was thinking of plague marines for the troops in my soon to be Night Lord army,

model wise I would keep them unbloated and instead adorn them with various undead bits (vampire counts plastics)

rules wise I think the rules of plague marines are a good representation of the Night Lords terror tactics

eg. - blight grenades, represents the enermy fear to get close to the Night Lords

- feel no pain, what more scarier than seeing your deafeated foe stand back up and renew its attack

What do you guys think?

FnP and T5 are good representation of terror tactics ^_^ well still better then female space marines .

I dont see it fluffy . NL arent tougher or more resilient then "normal" legion csm .

but its an edition of counts as . plastic WFB goblins can be pms . and pms are a great unit , but why not use them as PM and not kiding yourself that those are still NL . it makes no sense to me to be honest .

Im pretty much 100% with jeske on this one. This just sounds like a reason to use PMs and say you are a night lord for no other reason than that. If you want to beat someone up with PMs then beat someone up with PMs, fluff wise it makes no sense at all, you would be better served with base CSMs if you were really looking at this from a fluff standpoint...But have at it.

its not that I want to play Night Lords, I just happen to like the look of their bat-heads, I was orignaly goeing to play with a vampire themed warband, which the heads fitted perfectly, and plague marines matched the theme I wanted. - undead minions commanded by vampireic overlords. Hence the zombie parts on the marines. It was a friend that suggested I class them as Night Lords as a simple solution.

Do a vampire/undead themed nurgle warband then, like you originally wanted. That would look cool, they don't have to count as Night Lords at all. They'd be plague marines and they look undead because that's how Nurgle made them. He just felt like it!

You could use a Varghulf as a deamon prince, he's the right size. Paint him in Nurgly colours and he's good.

It's your army, just make it look cool.

Yea , I'd say go with your origional idea of the vampires/undead, then you get to use your batty hats and PM's and still be fluffy. Then you could use vampire counts and zombie bits (maybe skeletons or zombies as summoned daemons) and have kool looking and original army, instead of a lame (fluffwise) "NL"s" with PM's in it.

PM's are not fluffy for NL and it doesn't matter what kinda spin you put on it.

Everything in the chaos dex is "scary", doesn't mean it's fluffy for NL's

Then you could use vampire counts and zombie bits (maybe skeletons or zombies as summoned daemons) and have kool looking and original army, instead of a lame (fluffwise) "NL"s" with PM's in it.

Thats what I plan to do, the only problem I have is what colours to use, I'm not a fan of the standard colours of plague marine (greens etc.) I want to either something with red and black (but this makes them look like the brotherhood of darkness) or a light blue and white scheme, to give them an ethereal look but my painting skills are limited.

Any other suggestions would be helpful

Purple and White. Light blue would look weird on undead/plague marines.

White is good, it's the deathguard's original colour and if, you paint it like bone, goes well with undead (obviously). Purple is also associated with undead and vampires so can easily be used as a contrasting colour, just don't use it too much. Don't be too quick to dismiss the greens either, they look good on plague marines and zombies so they're another good choice to contrast with the white.

If you want an ethereal look you could try using some wraiths as lesser daemons and maybe a few robed dark angel bodies in your plague marines for the champions. With scythes of course. That 'death' vibe is good with nurgle.

Don't worry about your painting skills too much, they will improve with practice and you can make nurgly stuff look really good if it's a bit messy. It just adds to the decayed feel.

Thats what I plan to do, the only problem I have is what colours to use, I'm not a fan of the standard colours of plague marine (greens etc.) I want to either something with red and black (but this makes them look like the brotherhood of darkness)

Don't paint them green, that's the color of the deathguard, and you're not making DG, you're not even making PM's per se. Paint them the same colors as the rest of your army, whatever that is.

You could use red/black but vary it enough that it doesn't look too much like brotherhood of darkness.

Or for that matter it could be brotherhood of darkness, that's a very vampirey (vampirish ?) name, and with the color scheme and the glyphs painted on the armor it's a good paintscheme for vampires, plus they have the winged skull on their shoulder pad tying them in perfectly with your batty hats.

Hummm, that's a good idea come to think of it.

Archived