Chapter specific codex updates?

chrisc86

Maybe this question has already been asked but i searched for it and couldnt find so......................

Does my blood angels land raider get the same awesome machine spirit rules as the new codex? I havent seen an official FAQ on it so im not sure.

sorry, no. your techmarines were blood drunk or something on PotMS day. DA's were probably praying. templars just skipped 'cause they think they know everything anyway. 'nilla marines stayed in class and studied hard. apparently, so did the grey knights (though their power-by-faq does suggest that a very nice donation from daddy-emperor might have had something to do with their passing the class...)

Technically, by the FAQ, no. However, some discussion on the subject with your opponent should yield to you getting the effects of the SM stuff.

However, be prepared to lose some things too. I would let you have then new PotMS, but I would say that you lose PotMS on pods, because SM pods don't have it.

Same as it's been since Chambers, and a few other original staffers, left. They see it as their game, we just get to play along. The rules make sense to them, because *they* know how it all works, and why, and can make whatever changes (on the fly, durring bat-reps sometimes) they want, when they want.

Our pods don't have PotMS either. Only our Land Raiders have it, as only they originally had it. Maybe you're thinking of some other rule on pods. :lol:

I forget what it is pods have that used to allow them to fire. I know it was essentially PotMS.

why does gw leave huge holes in the rules like this? I makes me sad.

There aren't really holes in the rules. The rules are clear.

Once the DA, BA, WS and BT codexes were all based off the SM one. People complained that they had to buy 2 books. So they made them each their own book (well, except SW) and now people complain that they are not all updated at the same time. Also, the two book syndrome left some armies over or underpowered as well. And many felt they were not unique enough.

I also believe they were testing some ideas with codex DA and BA since not all the changed made it into C:SM.

Yes, it'd be nice if there was a bit more consistantcy and that they gave a small update to bring some things into line, but that isn't happening from GW. However, it is not that hard to do on your own. In fact many people on these boards are involved in the Codex leveling Project that is attempting to do just what you want. In fact, I think the BA one is already completed.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived