Rhino fire points

andrewm9

First off this is my first post and I'm glad to be here.

I've got this question thats been nagging at me. I see Rhinos for Space Marines can have 2 people shoot out of its one fire point. What's buggin me though is I cannot find any place to substantiate that Sisters can do likewise out of one of thier Rhinos in a source that is "current" I can see it in Chapter Approved 03 and 04. I have alos been told that its in the Index Astartes. I don't exactly have a copy liing about. Can anybody point me to a source? It would be much appreciated

Let's go through the standard procedure.

Codex: Witch Hunters states that the rhino has one fire point. It does not say how many people can fire out of this fire point.

We then refer to the FAQ, for possible updates. The FAQ does not say how many people may fire out of this fire point, ergo we refer to the BRB.

5th Edition Warhammer: 40,000 states that one person may be able to fire out of each fire point.

To paraphrase: "Unless the vehicle’s entry says otherwise, one passenger may fire out of a fire point, while other models cannot fire."

I guess that kind of sucks for Sisters players (myself included). All marines except Blood Angels can fire twice out their fir point. Blood Angels can't fire or depart from their Rhinos at all since they have no access or fire points listed in their codex.

Melissia I don't want to sound ungrateful for your help, but I was looking for another answer as that was my determination as well. I'll live with it though and thank you for the confirmation

Far from giving up on my Rhino question, I searched the Chapter Approved book from 2004. Technically it is newer than the Witchhunters codex and it states that all Rhinos Space Marine or Sister have the same stats which it then outlines. It 3 Access points and 1 Fire Point which 2 models can shoot from. It doesn't mention point costs which are different across the named Chapter codices (Space Wolves, etc.) but gives full rules. I thought it might be worth mentioning. Its kind of crappy that its not mentioned in our FAQ, but its there to use.

it states that all Rhinos Space Marine or Sister have the same stats

Hmmm. This is a gross oversimplification, and not a smart thing for them to have said. I remember the hue and cry when only DA Rhinos could have dual stormbolters...which goes expressly against the article. I don't think a five year old edition of Chapter Approved (not a WD article) is currently a valid source of rules, anyway...

Archived