Starting Chaos for Christmas!

sangnius40k

I'm dreaming of a Chaotic Christmas! I'm planning to give CSM a go, in place of the IG army I was thinking of (even though I made a solid list). As with many other players, choosing that first legion presents some difficulty. Recently, Nurgle has been inticing me with his powers, however, Slannesh whispers promises into my ears. I think I'd be best to look at a force that suits my playing style. I'm usually the infantry-strong player, with a few vehicles in the rear to support my footsloggers. I might throw in a Rhino here and there, but Id rather spend money on other vehicles and units.

Now, before you start suggesting legions, I'll tell you a few that I don't like:

-Iron Warriors: I like their siege theme, but not their colors.

-World Eaters: Brutal in CC, yes, but I don't fancy CC all the time, as well as all that red.

-Word Bearers: I don't like their colors, nor fluff, for some reason.

-Black Legion: Color scheme can be plain, BL is too "normal" for me (You see them everywhere)

As for the rest of the legions, I have little to no problem with.

as a chaos player i would go for black legion but you don't want to and that

is ok, you could simply make up your own or i'd go with red corsairs

huron is very good.

god wise i'd go for nurgle they make you extra tough

good against tau then less damage and imperium forces :)

death guard are all nurgle and you get a special character for them as well

but in the end it up to you i hope i helped

Now, before you start suggesting legions, I'll tell you a few that I don't like:

-Iron Warriors: I like their siege theme, but not their colors.

Heresy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

As for armies, have you though of useing some of the Renaged (sp) chapter that are shown in the Codex Chaos or making your own colour & name up?? Other wise I would suggest some Alpha Legion (if so I highly recommend reading the Heresy book Legion).

Your saying about all infantry, Death Guards have alway (background wise) fought by foot, while Rhinos unit (back in Index Astarties day) would be Fast Attack, got a nice balance of short range fire power follow by a all out assault as well as a nice "feel no pain". But again I feel they might suit you?? other wise some normal Chaos Marines with a bit of everthing??

IP

My top three choices (in no particular order) seem to be as follows:

-Alpha Legion

-Death Guard (or the Lords of Decay legion from the CSM Codex)

-Night Lords

I like the Alpha Legion because of the way it fights. Striking from multiple places and infiltrating around your opponent sound very frightening.

I like the Death Guard because of their survivability and their gifts from Nurgle. They move around on foot, which I like beacuse I'd rather spend money on more squads instead of Rhinos. I really like the Lords of Decay color scheme.

The Night Lords are desireable ecause of the physological affect they an have on your opponent. They're a very scary army, and I like the lightning bolts on their armour.

hey there mate im starting chaos as well im getting my stuff for christmas. im collecting red corsairs as i dont really like the plague marines and that fancy stuff that much heres what im getting

huron blackheart

2x boxes chaos marines

im planning on getting a land raider and a rhino hope this helps.

Might I also suggest Emperor's Children or Thousand Sons? Like the DG the TSons are footsloggers, but with a little magic and more flare. The EC can take noise marines which are shooty but are also pretty decent in CC. (You might already know this stuff, just thought I'd post it just in case).

Archived