New Marauder Horsemen heads(ideal for SW)

Haakon Ironheart

Probably most of you will be aware of the new sprues of the marauder horsemen for fantasy. I just wanted to point out that a lot of the 17 heads included in each box are ideal for us Space Wolves a lot of bearded heads, mohawks for our BC and other useful stuff. If you can afford some boxes you will be more than happy with the modelling opportunities they offer!

helmets work fine if you think about it. according to the design sketches for marines has the helmet consisting of two parts. the one on the back that covers the sides and top and the face plate which is inserted into slots and what not for you.

just file off alot of the over the top part.

also im guessing that a few of them come with horns which can be used to achieve the more symbolic viking appearance.

a few of them come with horns which can be used to achieve the more symbolic viking appearance.

Being Danish and a viking re-enacter (cliché much?), something dies in me every time someone says or writes something along those lines ^_^

Looking at some bitz websites it looks like they come with enough appropriate heads to be worth it...

Being Danish and a viking re-enacter (cliché much?), something dies in me every time someone says or writes something along those lines :lol:

Oh, absolutely, but the 40k universe works on cliché, rather than being chained to realism. Look at the Black Templars, where the essence of the Crusading Knight has been taken, but it's a mish-mash of the various crusading orders. I guess the same is true with the Space Wolves - they take a bit of the viking idea (or the stereotype of the same) and then twist it to fit the 40k universe.

Archived