Dawn Heralds

Kihriban

Brothers,

I have about 1400 pts painted up (without characters) with me in Paris right now, and I have somewhere between 1000 and 2000 pts painted up at home. That means that the colour scheme is sort of non-negotiable. That said, C&C would be nice. Keep in mind that these guys were painted somewhere above table-top quality but below display case quality (though really they'll probably only ever see the tabletop).

However, another reason these guys are being posted is so that those of you with a fluff bent can go look over their fluff. It's a little long and needs tightening up.

That said, onto the models. Note as well that every model in my army has a gas mask. I've attempted to mask my bad modelling skills with paint. Please also note that my bases are uniformly horrible throughout my whole army. Part of that is laziness and part of that is wanting to devote more time to models and less to bases. There would not even be sand on these bases if not for a local tourney that had points for painting. I really want to do a simple urban scheme.

The first one is my assault on black reach captain.

http://www.individual.utoronto.ca/kihriban/WH/AoBRcap.jpg

[/clearfloat]

Next comes Combat Squad #1

http://www.individual.utoronto.ca/kihriban/WH/combat1_sgt.jpg

[clearfloat]

And then one of my assault marines:

http://www.individual.utoronto.ca/kihriban/WH/assaultmarine.jpg

So yeah, let me know if you like it, if you want to see more, if you know how to take pictures without the flash making everything super harsh, or if you just wanna say you could do better. Also, if you feel like it (!), go give me some suggestions with their fluff.

Kih

WIN!

Yes I'm lovin' it. Very creative and very original!

Captain and combat squad are awesome! The jump trooper needs a bit more work.

If this is because of Red Alert 3, then I'm a huge fan of this scheme cause the Empire of the rising sun RULEZ!!!!!!

Shoulder pads are very well done too.

I really like the rising sun on the cape and shoulders, though as for some advice i have two slight quibbles...

The red on the flamer nozzle... i think burned metal would look a lot better, just drybrushed silver and then scorched brown and bestial brown.

also, the extreme highlights on the assault marine... if you can't make them... less extreme?...skinnier, etc, then i would recommend using a slightly darker grey for the highlights so they are less glaring. just my two cents...

but don't worry, photos show up flaws like nothing else, so i'm sure these all look great on tabletop.

i also really like your vet. sergeant. he's bad ass.

Archived