ORKS....

lunchb0x

Yeah... read your ork codex, borrow a friends, or check out the one at the LGS for a bit and figure out exactly how hes doing what hes doing.... cause if it seems to good to be true, it probly is.

1st thing: Transports are one of youre friends here.

Take Raiders and rhinos let the orks get close (with their transports)and when they get out (either by themselves or you shooting it down) Charge them ASAP (don't get out if you cannot charge) This saves you lots of Furious charge attacks. Even if they break youre transport in their cc move an explosion might kill some of them, and it hurts them more then you.

2nd thing: Try to do the Pizza delivery eg 2 Vindicators and a Whirlwind can take out a lot of Orks.

Other options are similar to those posted already as in Flamers, Blood Claws.

2nd thing: Try to do the Pizza delivery eg 2 Vindicators and a Whirlwind can take out a lot of Orks.

My list has 2 vindi's and 1 whirly because it's an amazing front against any list, not just orks, so it'll be a great addition to your league lunchbox.

Ive watched a few games between Orks and SW's and I dont recall ever seeing the SW's winning. I have seen a draw but there were not very many models left on the table.

But once they got there, Orks can clean up in HtH and despite being futile xenos, own the Assault Phase if not watched properly.

Going into HtH, you need heavy hitting choices like PF's and Thunder Hammers.

But like said before, hit the trukks or transports hard as soon as possible before they can unload.

I'm very confused by most of this, as in my short Warhammer career I've played 7 games against Orks and have never failed to wipe them off the table.

You need blood claw squads in some kind of transport; I use Rhinos to save points, but a LS-Crusader would have the advantage of giving your multiple shots. If you use Rhinos make sure there is some kind of leader with the squad (I usually use a Wolf-Priest), and give them a flamer. Charge the Transport as close as you can get to the Ork lines, then disembark, putting the guy with the flamer as far forward as you can get him, and trying to make sure everyone can see the squad. Fire into the Orks and wait for them to assault the following turn. If you make the counter-attack roll, what you lack on the stat line will be made up for with the volume of attacks. I typically use 2 BC squads like this (the second is led by a WL). The first squad has a PF and PW, the second has 2 plasma pistols (I simply don't have any more models with PWs, otherwise I would use those).

I typically feild a LF squad with 1 LC, 1 HB, 2 ML, and any attatched Razorback with TL-LC. Position the RB so one of its sides is facing the enemey and space out the LFs behind it so that the LFs with the LC and HB peering around one side and the 2 ML on the other, with the Leader in the middle to maintain unit coherency. This set up will allow you to fire at three seperate targets with the squad (2 for the LFs and 1 for the RB) and should give you the variety needed to handle whatever is coming. Also, the only way that anyone could see more than half the squad is to be looking at it from the vehicals front or rear, so most of the time you'll have the option of a cover save. Use the LC's on vehicals, and eat up troops with the HB. Use the ML as need requires.

Attack bikes are amazign now that we get them at lower cost. Use a group of three and equip two of them with multi-meltas. Run them around as fire support where needed.

I'm with Blade_Of_Russ on this one; Orks vs Space wolves is simply an imbalance. I field a drop pod heavy list more often than not... try going heavy on dreadnaughts; ironclads in particular can be nasty. I tend to keep a 2 dreadnaught list, one venerable w/ multimelta and heavy flamer, one ironclad w/ melta and flamer. If they opt for a vehicle heavy list, dropping the melta weapons in -reams- them (+2 on the damage chart anyone?); if not, then nothing kills orks deader than heavy flamers. After the dreadnaughts make their shock landing, pods of grey hunters can come in at their leisure to rapid fire bolters/flamers at point blank range, and then receive their charge w/ a solid countercharge... between the initial shooting and the initiative advantage, I almost never fail to win.

The kicker: New leadership rules for close combat mean that orks generally either take a -ton- of extra wounds for losing close combat by significant margins, or they fall back. If they take the extra wounds... well, with ork armour, they take the extra wounds. If they fall back, then you'll take them in the sweeping advance almost every time.

problem is when they have feel no pain, like in this case;)

Other than having the BCs max out on PWs (which I infered my intent to do by stating the only reason I haven't is do to a lack of models) I stand by my suggestion. The multi-meltas, power weapons, lascannons, and missile launchers (if using krak missles) won't be effected by FNP. I believe the flamers will still hit enough people to make it worth the cost. The heavy bolters won't be amazing, but for the cost, they don't really hurt.

Also, you could have some of your grey hunters squads take a plasma gun as their special weapon, as this produces more shots than a multi-melta and isn't effected by FNP.

actaully how about ragnar with 9 wolf guard bodyguard( TDA, SS, PF, RC,WTN and WP), placed infromt of your vindicator as the spearhead of your army?

with 45 pf attacks to dich out when they get charged i think this would turn the battlefield maybe?

Depends.... what are they being charged by?

If its a big squad of Burna boys for instance theyll either have 20 boys with Power Weapons or possibly 20 flame templates hitting them.... Did I mention the power weapons go simultaneously? Thats a great way to lose 800 points, or more.

Id personally reccommend that you concentrate on firepower. Take out those transports, make him run accross towards you and make him pay for every step he takes. Then counter attack. Large squads of bolter hunters complete with plasma rifles and power weapons, a couple of firepower WGBL's, and as many whirlwinds and lascannons as you can find.

And then Id ask to see his list when your done, make sure its legal.

where are the boys? you only get to use one squad as troops.

A warboss lets you take a squad of Nobz as troops.

I would take Wolf Guard Terminators. I always take em against Orks. Orks have a load of attacks and high AP shots, but a Wolf Guard Terminator squad with rerollable 2+ saves and a load of power weapons/fists is nigh-unkillable versus Orks. Those power weapons will negate those feel no pain saves with those Nobz, and some assault cannons will just sweeten the deal.

Archived