Who would win in a fight?

Bran Scalphunter

Just out of curiosity, who would win if were to pit the fluffy versions of the Space Wolf special characters, Ranulf, Bjorn and Njal allowed in, against the fluffy versions of the current Ultrasmurf I mean Space Marine Codex?

Going toe-to-toe, I think Ragsy would be able to dance circles around most of them, except maybe Khan or Shrike, those two are fast enough to be able to keep up with him. Ulrik could probably give Cassius a run for his money, although it would be a close fight. Grimnar would just spank Lysander and Calgar so fast it's not even funny. Njal versus Tiggy... now I think Tiggy might win, but if Njal can pull of that uber-Stormcaller he used to kill a Bloodthirster, Tiggy may be toast. Bjorn and Ranulf, well, they're too strong to even bother with those mooks, maybe let them slap Kantor around some *funny image of Ranulf and Bjorn playing badminton with Kantor's dead body* :) Vulkan, he'd be too busy "fixing" my gear to fight, so I'll let him slide this time.

So, who do you think would win if the fluff versions of these characters were to fight. I've put my ideas down, now time for you all to share and answer honestly, not just we'd win because we're awesome. We already know that...

i am not sure how many "as listed" SW characters could go 1 to 1 with many of the characters from C:SM. but i think they would do well. if we updated every one so the equipment matched, i might be a little fairer. i think it would usually be vary close across the board of characters, but don't have bjorn's to really compare with.

though i could see ranulf dishing out hell to many of the "lesser" characters.

This thread is on a Space Wolf forum, so you're going to end up with dozens of replies telling you that the Space Wolves would undoubtedly win.

And for good reason, because they would win. We're clinically insane remember? Who would hit an insane guy?

This thread is on a Space Wolf forum, so you're going to end up with dozens of replies telling you that the Space Wolves would undoubtedly win.

Yeah I know that, silly Mol... But what good is it asking when 3/4 of Amicus probably have no idea what our characters are like. But I'll go edit the OP and add in answer honestly, not just we'd win because we're awesome. We already know that...

We don't win cause were awesome. We do it cause we can (even when we are drunk). LOL

Logan might be able to teach Lysander/ calgar a thing or two. And he would totally own Pedro/ Helbrecht. Can't say anything about Dante or any other BA character cause i don't know much about them.

Ulrik seems not very powerfull compared to other chappies.

Ragnar can deal with an assassin so Shrike/ Vulkan and Khan would be no problem for him.

About Njal/ Bjorn i don't know much so i wont say anything about them.

And all our characters own those of the DA. And why you ask. thats obvious i guess.

Honestly... I think we would take it. Where other chapters favor tactical minds in their commanders, we tend to look for genuine battlefield heroes. Not to mention some of the legendary exploits... Bjorn and 40 others holding the fang against the better part of the thrice damned 1,000 sons, Ragnar hurling the spear of Russ into Magnus's eye, Ranulf manually pushing a land raider... there's just few tales out there that can compete.

i'd see ragnar losing actually against calgar, ragnar might be fast but when calgar would get his hands on him, well actually his powerfists, the fight wouldn't last long...

don't get me wrong, i love our characters, but i think they are far from the best and espaccially overconfidence get's you killed

i'd say the custodians are the best fighters in the imperium, or atleast, they were

Well what it really boils down to is the dice gods, if they like you then you will win... if they dont... your toast.

But from stats/wargear, i'd say that the C:SM characters have a slight edge over C:SW characters, if for no other reason that they have a 5th ed dex to go with 5th ed rules.... what ed is the SW dex again?

I guess the biggest question here is are we going off fluff or stat lines and wargear from codecies? Considering the question from Bran specifically stating FLUFF then we can't go off the stat lines.

Going off FLUFF, there's no way any equally ranked special character in the space marines would beat an equally ranked special character in the space wolves... allow me to elaborate...

Logan and Calgar are equal in rank to their respective chapters, no way Logan would loose the fight, if it was stats then it would be a closer battle, but I'd sadly have to agree that Calgar would win (eternal warrior and 1 extra wound is a HUGE plus for Calgar over Logan).

Ragnar against the other characters would also have no problem fluff wise, however stat wise, he'd likely loose against Lysander and possibly Khan (extra wound and eternal warrior for Lysander, and Khan's insta kill is nasty).

As for our psychers, this is where it gets rocky, even though our Rune priests may be more skilled in combat than the other space marine librarians, it's tough to hit someone when they're blasting away at your mind and body when you have less knowledge of the psychic abilities than they do. Stat wise it's the same... hard to stop someone messing with your mind when your Ld is 9 ;)

As for venerable dreads... both fluff and stat ours are better, nuff said.

Oh, and as for wolf priests... fluff wise we're better, stat wise we're not.

-edit-

@Mal

Our codex is 3rd edition.

I dont know.... Logain has the ability to strike at iniative, with ST5, and hits on 3's... with a reroll. I think hed take him out before calgar could get a hit in as long as the dice gods didnt smack him around.

Remember that Khan is a chapter master, not a comander, though I agree Khan would probly do a damn good job against any of our characters stat wise. Against Lysander once again I figure it would come down to the simple fact that Ragnar would go first, with alot of attacks no matter who charged. 8 Str 5 power weapon attacks hiting on 3's WILL kill lysander dead and done.

Fluff wise Id say that the Ultrasmurf fanboyism in their most recent codex aside, Logain Grimnar and Marneus Calgar are fairly evenly matched. Even including the fanboyism I think Logain would win... not because hes my chapter master or any such but for one simple thing:

Calgar is loved in the realm of Ultramar. Hes seen as a hero and a benevolent ruler. A leader of marines and a walking god.

Grimnar is beloved accross the Entire emperium of man as a leader of men and saviour. His presence can single handedly rally Sectors.

Theres probly a reason for that.

I agree with Wolf89....he has it right, fluff-wise we are tougher (in general) than most of our counterparts. That's not to say a lucky hit or shot wouldn't put Great Wolf Grimnar or Lord Ragnar down but I would say the fight(s) would take awhile.

Stat-wise for the most part our side would lose....although we could get lucky but hey that is the name of the game.

space wolves vs. ultramarines in anything.... hmm... space wolves, or blood angels!

ok this has been a heated debate in my german III class at school,

who would win in a fight, optimus prime, or iron man?

i personally say ironman, because he would fly over shooting at him.

@ Brother Sergeant - don't make Max put the power fist smack down on you - friendly advice - stay on topic.

I play a Dark Angel guy pretty regularly so we have the chapter champion fight prior to each game. So far Ragnar is undefeated against every character he's brought against him.

He's at the point now where he wants to fight while "whats-his-name" is on his Jet bike! ha ha :P ^_^

He's at the point now where he wants to fight while "whats-his-name" is on his Jet bike! ha ha ;) :devil:

Sam something... big pushover without his nifty plasma cannon and whatnot.

Last night my wolf lord took out 3 terminators and put a wound on his captain, then my grey hunters finished them off before anyone else could swing back (captain hit twice, wounded once, and lord made his save obviously).

@ grey mage: I'm not sure how good space wolf characters are so I dont want to call who would win. I will say though that 8 s5 power weapon attacks hitting on 3's will not kill lysander. Wont even come close. With 4 wounds, eternal warrior and a 3+ invulnerable he's VERY difficult to get rid of. And when he hits back, he hits back hard!

is optimus prime a precursor to a space marine titan? in the ironman movie i thought the armor he made in the begging that he made in the village looked alot like a precursor to power armor, with muscle augments and all.

Please don't stray off topic, especially with this nonsense... please bother the "nilla marine" section with this sort of stuff, not here in the SW forum, and definitely not in a post that has NOTHING to do with what you're asking. :HQ:

Archived