How does your group play Wolves

Ragnars Claw

Well it depends on the gear. SS, AC, and things all say that they have additional rules in the codex space marines so they go as that. At the top of our armory it notes that things listed are the space wolf unique items, everything else is to be read from the SM armor, so SS get 3+ all the time, AC get the rending but 1 less shot as we have a stat line, the AC used to have jamming, and was in the SM armory, now its rending. So We gain all those benefits. Our Healing potions and balms are treated like a nethicarium and reductor so the feel no pain now applies. On the same token we no longer gain a +1 attack for a fist and a bolt pistol like everybody else. So we have our SW special gear RAW but anything that notes to check the SM codex is as RAW in there. a Great company banner is a chapter banner, and a wolf totem is a company standard. The reference in the back of C:SW has been wrong since its creation (IE wolf helm of Russ). So anything that is not in our armory is as per C:SM save for weapon stats, rules are the same but again -1 shot on AC. We also gain access to all vehicles in c:SM as per the FAQ. But as such any gear we have that references C:SM and the item no longer exists (holy relic) is null and void (IE wolf helm of Russ).

Wulfen00

Wrong on the Assault Cannon there Wulf, since we use C:SM for plasma and they have rules in there that aren't in C:SW. Examples- Overheat for plasma, Jam! for AC's. If it's in C:SM and in C:SW, we use the C:SM rules version.

As such, the Fang of Morkai, Wolf Totem, and Wolf Helm are all useless. There no longer are reductors, relics, or Sacred Standards in the C:SM, so the SW equivalent is rendered unusable by not having any rules anymore.

The only thing that details this outdated info is the "reference sheet" in the back of our book. It was a reference to C:SM, but two editions ago. It is not 'our rules'. It was a reference to C:SM, and I REALLY wish they had not of put it in there. Too many people think that we are somehow bound to it. They compare us to the BT/DA/BA. The difference is that for our actual gear, our codex says to refer to C:SM.

Ignore the reference sheet. Its outdated (as is our codex) and no longer applies.

Wait wait wait. we can't get +1 attack for fists and pistols?!??! wow....I never caught that. And all this time i've been unloading four powerfist attacks per bloodclaw...... when did this happen? and now i have to wonder, do we still get the extra pfist attack with bolters then? I'm assuming no. kinda makes it seem like having a pifst is useless now.....

Edit: man, I feel weird when i find out rules like this after i've been using it. :/ and potions and balms i thought kept their own traits? are wolf priests FNP granting like apothecaries now too?

I feel extra noobish now :)

You need two of the following equipped now to get +1A for two CCW:

Power fist

Thunder Hammer

Lightning Claws

Normal Power Weapons, Pistols, and Generic CCW: all grant a +1A if you have 2 items from this list.

PF and BP will get you 2A on the charge: 1 base and 1 for charging. PF and BP will get you 2A on recieiving a charge- 1 base, 1 for Counter-Attack if they make the Ld check.

If a Narthecium grants FNP now, a Priest carrying the Balms and Potions will grant FNP as well. At least that's my interpretation of the rules. Feel free to discuss with opponent before play beforehand. Just remember the Fang of Morkai is useless now.

Edit: Had it mixed up, fixed it now

Power fist

Thunder Hammer

Lightning Claws

You still get an extra attack, you just get an extra attack with your 'normal' weapon instead of the PF/TH/LC...

As per page 42 of the 5th ed rule book...

Incorrect! HP&B is clearly defined in the C:SW. It works as defined in C:SW. It does NOT grant FNP. This is not a "refer to X" piece of wargear.

Just FYI.

Correct, again you all should be looking at our 5th ed FAQ sticky here... just ignore all the posts underneath Lars' original post... it's just ranting from a bunch of old wolfs :P

Strictly speaking by the letter of the GW FAQ we should be using the rules form our codex for things like assault cannons, so 3 shots no rending, storm shields that give you a 4+ save in combat against 1 opponent, no drop pod assault rules etc.

However this just seems a bit......<DELETED BY THE INQUISITION> really.

How do you play it with your group?

You missed the part in wargear where it says the following :

" There is a brief description of how these items work on the summary page later in this Codex but you should refer to the wargear section in Codex: Space Marines for a full description "

That would fall under the new DEX for wargear items like the ones you listed.

Power fist

Thunder Hammer

Lightning Claws

You still get an extra attack, you just get an extra attack with your 'normal' weapon instead of the PF/TH/LC...

As per page 42 of the 5th ed rule book...

i am a little confused as to what you are trying to get across here.

if you have a power fist and a bolt pistol you DO NOT get an additional close combat attack. the only way to get an additional close combat attack with a power fist (or thunder hammer, or lightning claw), is with ANOTHER power fist (or thunder hammer, or lightning claw).

if that is what you are say: i am sorry i miss understood.

*edit* i would be nice if we got FNP. if we did i think i would run a WP every time, not every other as i do now..... but :) sadly we do not. well at least we can re-roll ANY save ;)

Archived