Possibly beginning a chaos army can you help me ?

Neys4U

Hello everybody,

I have recently started playing 40k (about 4 months ago I think) and i started out with some Black Templars.

The thing is I'm starting to doubt my choice. Not that there is anything wrong with black templars (I think they are awesome) but the Chaos Gods have caught my eye and are luring me to their side. Now is my question really what do you think I should do stick to Black Templars or answer the call of the Gods.

If so my warband would be a Black Templar Crusade gone bad :P

To give you an idea this is the list I made maybe you could help me. its 1000pts on the spot and this is also the max in my gaming group.

HQ

Khârn 165pt

Elites

3 Terminators 120pt

- 3 Powerfists

Dreadnaught 100pt

- Multimelta

Troops

Marine Squad 305pt

15 Marines

- 1 Aspiring Champion

- Powerfist

- 2 Flamers

- Mark of Khorne

Marine Squad 210pt

10 Marines

- Aspiring Champion

- Powerweapon

- 2 Plasmaguns

Heavy Support

Havoc Squad 100pt

5 Marines

- 2 Misslelaunchers

The theme is of course Black Templars with Khârn representing The Emperors Champion.

Also this is supposed to be an all commers list (altough my usual oppenents are: 2x Marines, Orks, Necrons, Sisters of battle and Imperial Gaurds.)

C+C please

Thanks,

Neys4U

As both a Chaos player and Black Templar, I'd say its a bit difficult to try and explain Black Templar going traitor. Sure, nothing is impossible (other than traitor Grey Knights) but Black Templar are up there on the "unlikely to turn" chart.

So with that being said, you're list looks like its a good start, the only negative is the Dreadnought as Chaos ones are very unreliable and generally not worth playing. I'd think about doing a Khornish Warband, doesn't have to be World Eaters, you could do one of the renegade chapters like Skulltakers, or make up your own.

* Termi's too expensive at 1k. 3 termi's w/ Pf's... I'm not even sure what this squad is for ?

3 termi's w/ combimeltas is a usefull anti-tank squad. But this squad is too small and two slow for hth, and can't do anything if they DS. So what do you plan to do with them ?

* chaos dreads no good...uncontrollable.

* 15 footslogging csm's are too large and unwieldy, drop to 10 and buy rino.

* Plas squad needs a rino

* 5 man havoc squad w/ 2 ML's is not impressive, better of with dakka pred.

It's like your trying to make a BT list using the chaos dex. You want a BT list use the BT dex and chaos models to represent that they went to the dark side. Chaos dex does not make a very good BT army.

Archived