Drop Pods

Xman

I have been playing with Drop Pods for a while, and one of my friends asked these questions to me today.

First. If a Drop Pod Scatter would take it off the table, does it stop short of the table edge or does it scatter off? I have always understood that the Table Edge counted as Impassible terrain. Normal Deepstriking can scatter onto Impassible Terrain, and causes the unit to take a Mishap, but Drop Podding is not normal Deep Striking. This is also how I saw it in the previous edition. & this is how I have seen it played at multiple shops.

Second. If a Drop Pod would scatter into an enemy unit, How far do you reduce the scatter by? It says "reduce by the minimum required in order to avoid the obstacle." Does this mean it stops just short of the unit (within 1" & is therefore required to take a DS Mishap, his interpretation) or does it move to the 1" mark (The minimum required for it to be there, my interpretation)?

Thanks in Advance.

Off table is not terrain at all, so you'd roll on the mishap table, AFAIK. I have no rules quotes to back this up, however.

As for #2, you move the pod to 1" away from the enemy unit. When your Marines jump out, they also cannot be within 1".

Shiny rhino has it right on both^^

So just similar, but with page references: You indeed roll on the mishap table. Pods system only avoids impassable and models when landing(p.69 Marine dex heading: Inertial guidance system). The deep strike rules now mention what happens when landing off the table and thusly, mishap time(p.95 BRB heading: Deep Strike Mishaps).

Archived