Bile's Souped up Squads

CelestialSon

I think they have a lot of potential.

Griffin: You don't need Icon of Chaos Glory as they enhanced units are now Fearless, unless of course you're deepstriking.

I think 10 man units with Icon of Slaanesh, Power Weapon Champion and 2 Meltaguns would be alot of fun. You basically have a permanent Furious Charge on, so you're going to be tough to take out in HtH. The Meltagun will give you the extra anti-tank you'll need.

I forget the exact points, but this unit would probably compare well against Beserkers.

i used a bile enhanced army for most of the 3rd and 4th editions and yeah they work great.

in this edition just tool them up as you would a normal 10 man marine squad( flamer/melta) and mount them in a rhino, if you have the points give them an IoK but if not it's no fuss. just don't expect too much from fabius himself as far as special character etc go he's pretty poor and your best off doubling him up with a second HQ if points allow. saying that he can surprise you from time to time ;)

just remember if you end up with the kamikaze str 6 enhancement get them into combat as fast as possible :P

it's not the easiest army to play but can be very fun and rewarding not to mention different.

For 50 points? I think not. Give them a melta, flamer, champ with powerweapons and a powerfist with icon of khorne. 4 strength 10 attacks on he charge and a butt load of str5 hits plus good shooting ability makes this unit even better than berzerkerz! Now that i think about it I may try a campaign where my khorne warband enlists Bile to make some enhanced marines for them.

Marines and Imperial guard attack to try and catch Bile, eldar intervene to try and destroy the Khorne lord's daemon weapon before it absorbs even blood to release the bloodthirster inside 9 which turns out to be a keeper of secrest intent on destroying the khorne warband so we can get some codex Daemons in the action). A genestealer bile had captured signals a hive fleet to attack the world, and some orks encoutner a few of the New Men and go seeking them out to try and get a good fight in against these tough beakies. All this activity awakens the necrons slumbering in the world's core and a tau commander takes his cadre to investigate why all these hostile forces are so close to Tau space.

, champ with powerweapons and a powerfist with icon of khorne. 4 strength 10 attacks on he charge and a butt load of str5 hits plus good shooting ability

It's not str 10 attacks. It is a csm, str 4 base, double that = str 8, + 1 str for bile enhence = str9

not base + 1 for bile then double.

Not that it matters that much when fighting most things, but that is the correct way to do it :rolleyes:

I've tried them a couple of games since i already painted Bile model.

My setup was 3 10 man Squads with 2 Flamers, PFist and MoKhorne. They are fun, but there was this one game when i rolled 6 for 2 squads and watch them die one by one for 6 turns. My opponent need not do anything and can concentrate on my other units. It hurts bad i can tell you.

I was talking about about what it could be if you rolled a 6. They'd die fast but if you could get them in combat you would do major damage. and since your opponent would be focusing ofn the other units he would be surprised when your sucide unit charged him.

it could take anything from hordes to fexes and since it was gonna die anyway you wouldn't be losing anyting. of course if you get a successful one you should use them like a normal khonre marine squad but they can still be useful even if they roll 6's. the worst thing is the loss of the scoring units.

I figured it would give a CSM squad that slight edge over orks and bugs, even other MEQs.

Still, Bile himself is hardly impressive. I'd consider Huron Blackheart before him

Actually i reckon Bile is one of the more interesting characters out there, lets have a look at what this mofo can do:

- A assault weapon with 3 shots which wounds ANYTHING on a 2+, having trouble with that catarn (sp?) or carnifex/hive tyrant?, your sure to cause at least one wound

- Bile has 6 strength 5 attacks on the charge!, sure its no power wepion but if he wounds that nasty monsterous creature/ character once its just dead end of story, no psy test.etc required

Bile just adds that anti-multi wound aspect to a list.

However if he's doing this sort of work his lack of invunerable save or eternal warrior makes him hilariously fragile against such foes and means his bodyguard is gonna have to pack invunerable saves if they hope to survive.

He was alot cooler back when he had randomly generated stats but of course no one want to hear another new codex rant

In retrospect im actually have trouble justifying fielding his souped up squads, in the 3rd ed codex (one with Abaddon on front) they just had strength and toughness 5 with a very small chance of killing each other off.

Now for 18 points you get a souped up marine with Fearlessness and strength 5 but with a 5+ chance of going bat <DELETED BY THE INQUISITION> crazy and dieing.

This is compared to a Khone beserker who's just 3 points more

- has an extra attack

- is fearless

- has ws5

- strength and inititive boost for the first round of CC, which is usually the deciding round anyway.

The only jump the souped up squads have on Beserkers are:

- strength increase is for the whole game which is a plus if your in long combats

- They have boltguns and can have melta/plaz/flamer.etc, better at rhino rushing, especially since the beserkers might get charged and lose the benefits of furious charge

- Theres the chance of strength 6 with pretty dire consequences (but tbh by turn 4 the game is about over anyway so -4 dudes overall)

For this reason i think its best to keep the points gap between them and beserkers as large as possible which means running them without the icon, as even with an icon they still dont really compare with beserkers and if they start dieing all of a suddden then some of the icons potential is being wasted (better to save it for another squad really).

Im still gonna field them solely for the fact i cant reisit converting some zombie marines reanimated by my Deathguard apothecary :D

Just don't forget that a lot of the things that have multiple wounds cant be instant killed anyway. I find Force Weapons a terrible waste. Then again, I play a lot of Nids, so Synapse pisses me off on a regular basis.

Just don't forget that a lot of the things that have multiple wounds cant be instant killed anyway. I find Force Weapons a terrible waste. Then again, I play a lot of Nids, so Synapse pisses me off on a regular basis.

Yeah thats a damn good point i guess, im a nid player, gotta love synapse creatures :no:

I find Force Weapons a terrible waste.

I just consider a force weop a PW. It comes with a sorc so it's "free". I'm pretty sure libby's get a force weop for "free" now too. So I really don't think it's anything you buy anymore. It's basicly just a PW with a little bonus that does not come into play 95% of the time.

Archived