My Blood Angel

will115

Im sorry but as i dont have a yahoo i.d i cannot view those photos do you think you could load them up into an album thrugh the bolter and chainsword?

But i cant hold a candle to any when it comes to uploading images but i got there evntually ;)

Looking forward to seeing your work

T.F.F

Board Message

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

I am most certainly logged in....

You have a very nice, clean painting style. My only tips would be to add further detail - Free hand squad/chapter markings and writing on the purity seals would be the first things I would do.

very nice! i like the prominant black lining and the crisp colours like liltom has mentioned some freehand and a little bit of highlighting would make a good model really very nice

just try adding a little blazing orange to your red mix and paint on a few raised edges of the armour :D

So keep it up and being 14 isnt an excuse for not being a good painter (which you are a good painter just dont use your age as an excuse ,wait till you get older for that ;) ) im 13 and this forum has improved my skills HUGELY over the last few months so i thank the B&C and all its members for the great sense of community on this forum :P So if you look around im sure you will be a better painter in no time at all

T.F.F :D

You've got a bright future ahead of you. This forum is pretty friendly so you'll fit in just fine. The black lining for my taste, but the colour coverage is very good. The only thing I'd change would be to add some sand or textured base material to finish your figure. You can experiment with highlights on your next figure. I can't wait to see more.

I think that if you do up the eyes, highlight the purity seal with a lighter green and highlight the gun with a lighter metal it will look really good. That being said, dont do this an do the rest of them. Then go back and assembly line the details.

Listen to jetfire. As good as your miniature already is , you must add a base,

try experimenting with differnt colours and also paint the sand black and then drybrush it khemri and then bleached bone it looks much better.

but other than that looks like you have a lot of potential just listen to everybodys comments and use them to improve on your other figures :)

T.F.F

Very clean, very crisp paintwork. The black lining could use a little tidying up and might benefit from being a little thinner, but apart from that, and the aforementioned highlights, I think you're on to a winning painting technique ^_^

Keep this up and I think your painting will only get better and better. My only (slight) criticism is that it doesn't look like you've thinned your paint enough as there are a couple of rough 'brush-strokey' looking areas on him. It took me a very long time to realise that painting straight from the pot wouldn't yield the best results, and that citadel paints do need to be thinned down for super smooth colours, but if you can nail it, it'll serve you well.

I'd say something about basing, but I'm possibly the worst baser in the world, so I can't really comment at all.

This aside, it's an impressive mini and I look forward to seeing more of your work. We're a pretty friendly bunch here so don't be afraid to post more mini's.

James

Archived