Would the Inquisition and GK work with aliens?

jester_prince

Would the Inquisition and GK work with aliens?

Or rather would the Demon/Witch hunter sides of the inquisition work with aliens? Afterall their job is not to hunt aliens but demons, the emperor himself worked with aliens. Im just curious, Any lead they get to locate a demon is a lead they would exploit surely?

Obviously tyranids are out of the question, and orks you couldnt trust as far as you can throw one (tho a thunderhammer helps if DoW is anything to go by, anyone for Imperial guard golf? first one to get a guardsman into the crater wins) but eldar and tau are likley to be of some use right?

I think the Tau and eldar would make good allies, dont get me wrong. Both sides could definitely gain from the alliance. I think that the eldar would have a lot more to share with experience about chaos and psykers. Whereas it is the greater good that the Emperor be sole ruler of the universe :)

Agreed with the others that it largely depends upon the nature of the Inquisitor in command of the Imperium forces and the overall situation. Radicals are generally more inclined to work with Xenos as a part of their broader victory by whatever means necessary philosophy, particularly when dealing with the Tau and Eldar. Extreme enough situations can also prompt even dogmatically Puritan Inquisitors to make a few concessions to pragmatism; Ordo Malleus Inquisitors facing a full-scale Daemonic incursion would usually at least not shoot at any Xenos helping them until the Daemons were dealt with.

Its probably like the situation on Cadia in the 13th Black Crusade - Guard and Eldar ally, but with the Inquisition and the Eldar glaring at each other all the time. What happens after the immediate threat has passed, though, is another matter.

It is worth noting that the only human to have been inside the Black Library is Inquisitor Czevak. The Eldar, because of the threat of Chaos, are much more likely to work with the Imperium. The Tau, on the other hand, have no common ground unless a Hive Fleet turns up or they happen to be standing on a Tomb World.

Depends on the person and the situation. I immagine even the hardliner Sisters of Battle would fight alongside the Eldar, for example, especially if their common enemy was undeniably minions of Chaos.

It is worth noting that the only human to have been inside the Black Library is Inquisitor Czevak.

Is that the guy in the Inquisition war?

No, the guy from the Inquisition war is Jaq Draco*, who did in fact get inside the Black Library. However, the canonical worth of the Inquisition War series is largely debatable, so many people consider Czevak to be the only human to be allowed inside the Black Library to date. If you do believe that Inquisition War as true, then several humans have been in the Library, as Draco also brought a few members of his retinue along with him.

*I'm pretty sure that's his name. It's something like that.

It all has to do with target priority :) Shoot the bloodletters first, then the elves. It really depends on the enemy. I couldn't think of a good reason for eldar or tau to come to the aid of humans in the case of, say, an ork or nid invasion...In any case, the inquisition wouldn't likely help xenos, it's just that some of them might temporarily tolerate it if xenos helped them. ...and a few misguided souls might think they're using the eldar, not the other way around...learning great secrets of zero consequence while being led around by the nose. Xenos that aren't trying to eat you or your soul are actually more dangerous precisely because their motives are a mystery, but certainly can't be good for humankind.

march10k Posted Today, 06:15 PM

It all has to do with target priority Shoot the bloodletters first, then the elves.

That only works on some enemies, like Tau. Eldar, with their pixie Farseers, are going to see that coming a mile off, and will likely have several hundred Dark Reapers form up behind you whilst you aren't looking.

On the Inquisitor Czevak thing, its definitely Codex canon, older Eldar fluff (and I think some small bits of current stuff) was all written from his point of view in the guise of Inquisitorial reports.

To get in-character...

Canoness Emelia Stone would say... "What harm comes from allowing Xenos to die fighting the Heretics and Traitors? So long as they are focused on fighting our enemies, then we have more important enemies to fight."

Oh, you SO haven't seen what happened to the last in-character thread round here.

I feel...I feel as if someone is calling my name.

Yes, there is nothing wrong with allying with Xenos, provided it is for the betterment of the Imperium. Exitus Acta Probat.

In fact, don't feel constrained to ally just with Xenos. Go hog-wild. Mutants, renegades, daemon-spawn...as long as you're doing the Emperor's work, I'm sure you'll be forgiven.

Inquisitor Ravenor definitely did work with the Eldar. Also Rogue Traders are known to regularly meet and converse with Xenos species like the Tau and Eldar. There is also evidence of civilian fringe worlds and wealthy elite adopting and adapting Xenos technology for their own benefit.

So there are many parts of the Imperium who would work together, or tolerate the more 'humanoid' Xenos species. Tau and Eldar being the most common.

The GK would most likely not. They kill their own species just for being around when they do their stuff. Seems hardly likely they'd stand around and talk to some aliens. Besides they are usually teleported into the thick of it, kill nasties then head of to the next war zone. Diplomats and generals they are not.

Shunch Posted Today, 08:06 PM

Yes, there is nothing wrong with allying with Xenos, provided it is for the betterment of the Imperium. Exitus Acta Probat.

In fact, don't feel constrained to ally just with Xenos. Go hog-wild. Mutants, renegades, daemon-spawn...as long as you're doing the Emperor's work, I'm sure you'll be forgiven

Heretic! I call thee diab . . . Oh wait. :)

Technically the Emperor worked and understood the nature of the xenos... In fact he openly believed that working with the Orcs and Eldar would bring about the betterment of man-kind. It's only the extremely recent (in imperium age) era that brought out the xeno-phobia and extreme dislike of anything human or even "partly" human.

Excuse me I meant orcs. Of which simply wish to fight... He understood that they could be used against the imperiums enemies. Even nowadays any sort of ab-human is seen as an abomination. Beast-men being a giant glaring example of a former ally.

There is also evidence of civilian fringe worlds and wealthy elite adopting and adapting Xenos technology for their own benefit.

Inquisitorial Taskforce dispatched...

Besides they are usually teleported into the thick of it, kill nasties then head of to the next war zone. Diplomats and generals they are not.

They do answer to the Inquisition though. If a particularly open minded or wise Inquisitor ordered the Grey Knights to ignore a particular Xenos force and to focus on the main objective for the time being, who are they to argue? If the Inquisitor continued to deal with the Alien after the conflict, maybe then the Grey Knights would consult their GM representative about it...

Technically the Emperor worked and understood the nature of the xenos... In fact he openly believed that working with the Orcs and Eldar would bring about the betterment of man-kind. It's only the extremely recent (in imperium age) era that brought out the xeno-phobia and extreme dislike of anything human or even "partly" human.

Really? I remember reading in Fulgrim a whole 1/5th of the book was dedicated to the story of how the Iron Hands were charged with destroying a fleet the descendants of colony ships sent in the dark age of technology because they were living together with xenos and refused to separate. Dude, that is pretty huge, Emperor knows how many tech priests shed oil tears for all that lost tech. No, I am pretty sure that the Emperor gave the reasoning of 'Xenos were the ones who burned and enslaved you for several thousand years, taking worlds that were rightfully ours and having no intention of stopping. They must die.' And funny thing, he was right. Everyone serves themselves, Emperor's throne, the 2nd and 3rd Armaggedon Wars were caused by the Eldar trying to protect themselves. Sure, there are times where they can work together and defeat a greater evil but almost always the Imperium gets snubed :rolleyes: . The only exception that I can think of is that Marneus Calgar worked together with Tau to defeat the Necrons and before they unleased Exterminatous on the creeps, he let the Tau get off planet, which makes me curious why he did that since he is the most upright Space Marine there is (and they already have no tolerance for that kind of stuff) and yet he is breaking the Emperor's word. And as side note, never would a Grey Knight allow themselves to openly work with Xenos, they would probably allow them to kill daemons while the threat is present but then they will be next on the planet extermination list, even if the Knights know they will probably lose but they deal with that all the time so no biggie. B)

Because Marneus Calgar and many of the Chapter Masters are wiser than the standard human or marine, often tempered with knowledge of a time long-past and millennium of dealing with said xenos, and honestly are the closest thing to the Emperor that exists today?

As far as your understanding of the Emperor... he also promised to cleanse ab-humans of their mutations and many other glorious topics. The simple fact is that a number of the history and fluff has changed, including the original ideals of the god-emperor before and after his death.

As for grey-knights working with xenos, what makes you say that? The knights are a religious order dating back to the heresy that are specifically directed to deal with chaos. With the utter lack of fluff involved I hardly think that in necessary times Grey-Knights have not allied or at least permitted xenos to aid them in the banishment of daemons and chaos. At the very least not known of them. On top of that the main race they would deal with is 9/10 times the eldar who seem to pop up at the location of every banished greater daemon or warp gate or psyionic instability that exists.

Honestly the recent xenophobia and mutophobia is being justified by the simple ideals that anything non-human is foul and will taint humanity, which did not exist pre-death, pre-heresy or otherwise. Don't believe me? Do some research into what mutants worked with the imperial guard pre-death. Beastmen, a sub or mutant race of human depending on what you want to call it, were not only tolerated but openly used, and were the assault wing of the imperial guard and often the most fervant, forming suicide squads that carried explosives. As of right now the only ab-humans tolerated are simply humans from worlds with differing gravity, and even they are seen with a foul eye. While the other true mutants are tolerated for their effectiveness, psychic nulls, the nobilis navitae or ship navigators who have a third "warp" eye, and psykers in general all fall into this line of thought. Another example are kroot mercs which are often used by outskirt imperial guard forces as necessary.

Personally my inquisitor and brother captains attitude on xenos is that they are a tool to be used and respected in the case of races far older than I, the eldar for example who's technology out does our own, which at one point we attempted to copy in the "human made" webway.

Gary knights not so much I wouldn't rule it ouy but it have to be a big deal. Inquisitors? real depend on who they are. Inquisitor Mallard is very much a fan of using Xenos agains Chaos. He used orks on several occations to help stay Chaos' hand. Granted he kills a lot of Orks too. Just remember is sucks to be a part of Mallard's force after all Ork Teeth don't pull themselves.

Archived