imperial storm talons DIY chapter

rooster27

i have never done a marine army before and thought it was time to do so and ive come up with a scheem that i really like.

here it is

http://i35.tinypic.com/348348z.jpg

all silver is meant to be white and they will have a warlock purple lightning strike going down from there helmet to the thigh and i apolagise for the word abdomen poping up on the pic.

rooster

ummmm im stuck......with fluff wise now i am aming for an apocalypse army in wich i want half of the army to be these guys and half eagle warriors, i was hopeing to have a story line that the eagle warriors where there geen seed but where deminished in a war and needed urgent back up in the form of the imperial storm talons, could any body please tell me if there are any majour events involving the eagle warriors? thnx

for my leader i will be converting captain shrike of the raven gards i should have the first combat sqaud up soon :P

ive got some idea of how i want each side to work the, imperial storm talons will be the fast attacking side of my army useing lots of close combat whilst the eagle warriors will be the more steady shooting side of the army.

could some one please poast and tell me if they like my scheem and if not give any tips :wacko:

thnx rooster

Schemes Okay.. I don't know if purple will fly too well with the other members (you'll get a lot of flak..its annoying as hell) and thanks for telling us where his abdomen is =-D

For the fluff thing.. just make it up. You probably won't be able to pull off the whole Eagle Warriors losing half their chapter, because I'm pretty sure they're codex. If you make up a different chapter, it would work just fine. OR, you could say that the Eagle Warriors and Imperial Storm Talons joined together to fight Chaos or something. Or say the just both warped in-system at the same time, and both saw a threat, and commenced attack.

I like the color scheme with two exceptions. The yellow/gold belt looks very out of place for me. I'd change it to teal to match the lower abdomen. The hands need to be both purple, both white, or both teal. One white, one purple justs seems disjointed.

A lightning bolt as a chapter symbol would be appropriate for a chapter with this name but I'm not sure about the purple lightning bolt you've described as going from helmet to thigh. My suspicions are that this looks good in your head but will not execute well on the model. Really not keen on this concept.

Archived