emperors children..

did all of the emperors children turn to slaanesh and become noise marines? am thinking of an army of emperors children in the purple and gold paintscheme, possibly led by fabius bile...any thoughts on this? is it feasable?

Actually, the answer is no. The Noise Marines are one of the many factions that splintered when the Emperor's Children fled into the warp.

I think the saying goes, all Emperors children became noise marines, but not all noise marines are Emperors children, just like, all World Eaters became Berserkers, but not all berzerkers are WE, same for Plague marines.

I think the only "cult" that doesn't break down like that is the Thousand Sons, only Thousand sons that were present when the Rubric was cast became Rubric marines but there are Chaos Marines that fel to Tzeench, they are just not Thousand Sons.

Yes, all Emperors children are Noise Marines, but feel free to create your own Legion.
There was a long discussion on the origins of the Noise Marines awhile back. Let me see if I can find it.

Edit: Here it is

According to some sources, the majority of Noise marines originate from the Emperor's Children chapter.

Definitely right. But from what Traitor Legions Noise Marines take its members?

Definitely wrong!

WD 144 introduced Noise Marines as a sub cult of Slaanesh. Nothing to do with Emperor's Children.

2nd edition rolled the Noise Marines into the "Slaanesh" marines, this followed in to 3rd edition. It was the IA article for EC, that added special rules for Legions that implied/forced Emperor's Children were noise marines.

http://emperorschildren.net/wiki/index.php...e=Noise_Marines

As IronLoki says.

Noise marines are a subcult of Slaanesh, in 3rd edition (2nd version of the chaos) the mark of Slaanesh created noise marines, which made the Mark of Slaanesh = Noise Marines. The Index astartes article, allowed for Emperor's Children (all Slaanesh Marked) to take Noise Marines (first version of the codex) as their army.

So

There are

Slaanesh armies

Slaanesh Cult armies (Slaanesh led)

Emperor's Children Armies (all marked and limited to EC rules).

Noise Marines are just those marked with sonic weapons.

This of course is the same for other marks.

It forces all MoT to be 1k Sons, and all MoN to be Death Guard. Emperor's Children were kind of the opposite, they forced all Emperor's Children to be Noise Marines (though they don't force them to use Sonic Weapons).

Click the arrow up there in the quote box to visit the original thread.

Archived