Fabius Biles Geneseed exchange

Void Dragon

I was thinking about my warband the Dark Wolves which use primarily Space Wolf geneseed. They of course harvest there own geneseed but I was thinking where else could they get it from in the Eye of Terror?

I do not think that Fabius Bile is the only “medic” capable of creating new chaos space marines but is the most expert, most well established one. Also some Legion groups and some renegade chapters might still have “medics” but most warbands do not have them and most go to Bile as he is neutral and mercenary rather than “medics” of other groups which are factional (no one would go to their rivals for such services).

So as many go to Bile I could see him set up some sort of geneseed exchange. Most groups are happy to use any geneseed they capture (resulting in “Half-breeds” like Honsu on his company from “Storm of Iron”) but I could see if there was an exchange some groups would be more picky. For example they might exchange captured geneseed of loyalists for captured geneseed of their own legion/type which was captured by others and sold to the exchange. You could also go shopping for what type of geneseed you would like (stable Imperial, Black Dragon “Dragon Claws” seed, Blood Angel, a bargain bin cocktail of left over zygotes etc).

Also Bile would be the only one really about to activate Space Wolf and Blood Angel geneseed which need special things to start them rather by another process or having what is needed (Like the Wulfen Helix, the blood of a Sanguine Priest etc). Otherwise, and fluff wise, these types of geneseeds would not work or be very ineffective and not as useful. Of course with Biles help these type of geneseed, and his alterations, would be ideal for making new chaos assault marines/monsters.

Even if the warband was happy to use what they captured they would have to come to the exchange to get it implanted and perhaps at the exchange there are potential recruits to chose from, captured from beyond the Eye, from the Eye, or cloned and once implanted feed the scrapes of left over marines so the Omophagea organ will help them learn by eating to speed up their education. Of course there is always Biles special enhancements.

No one would be as stupid to attack the exchange as it would be guarded by Fabius Biles enhanced marines and monsters who would seek to hunt the attackers down, they could no longer use Biles services, other warbands who rely on the exchange would seek to hunt them down for endangering their “life line”, to try and stop that group from becoming to powerful and trying to curry favour with Bile (I can see him setting a bounty on the attackers heads). So protected by Biles forces, pacts and the mutual interest of the dammed the exchange would be kept safe.

Just for some character I thought the exchange could be on Biles croneworld or close to it (perhaps somewhere a surviving webway tunnel from Biles croneworld goes). As stated before it would be guarded by Biles own men (and I imagine he has many). Biles lieutenant who he lets run the exchange (as Bile is not their all the time) presides over all the deals although in a cage somewhere he sees every day his warped, broken and constantly in pain predecessor who tried and cheat Bile (bad idea).

For my warband I saw this as a way they could get Space Wolf geneseed captured from their own warband, 13th company and the Space Wolves themselves.

So what do you guys think?

I believe a place like this definately exsists. There may even be multiple ones (Bile seems too crafty to me to have all his eggs in one basket). I recall a diorama called The Wrath of Khârn by Andrew Long, it won a Golden Daemon back in 1999 and it showed one of Bile's labs under attack by World Eaters (possibly the only Legion who wouldn't consider the aformentioned consequences of an attack on Bile). You'll be happy to know the Imperials Bile had chained up in his lab were all Space Wolves.

I would like to point out that everyone wants Fabius Bile's help. Especially the further in the time line you go. He's not cheap nor is his services always what you ask for. Think of it like striking a deal with Loki.

In some of my chapter fluff, they strike a deal with Bile to receive "advanced training". In order to do so that have to sack multiple systems for a slave quota.

Maybe if you Wolves are wanting Bile's help, they have to get some crazy Eldar or Nectontyr artifact. Maybe raid a few AdMech data storage centers. Remember that whatever it is, it should be risky. Otherwise why wouldn't Bile do it himself or send his NewMen to do it?

I just do not think it has to do with my Wolves, it is everyones warband. I forget what Slannesh group it was which uses Emperors Children geneseed. Perhaps they where a break away group and use the exchange to get EC's geneseed which actual EC's might not beto happy about, especially if their is a bidding war for their own material.

Can anyone see how such an exchange would benefit your warband?

It is the flawless host that uses emperors children geneseed. They could be created in this way. Also there could be some renegade sangitory priests. It has been 10,000 years and they might be able to train more. It is possible the collected the geneseed or figured out how to use it.

I thought I would add it would not just be Bile but his assistants at the exchange as well. These could be marines he trained, renegade medics seeking Bile as a mentor, Dark Mechanicus genitors etc who of course all serve Bile

It won silver in Australia in 1999... Bad pics on web :wub: But it must be awesome... http://demonwinner.free.fr/australia/1999/australia-1999_open_2_andrew_long_kharne.jpg

Archived