Apocalypse and multiple players per team

Pendulum

This has been confusing me for a little bit of time, and while I suspect I know the right answer I am not 100% positive.

A game of Apocalypse with 2 teams, each with two players. Players A and B are on one team, C and D on the other.

Which of these examples describe the phase order:

1) Player A moves, Player A shoots, Player A assaults. Player B moves, Player B shoots, Player B assaults. Player C moves, Player C shoots, Player C assaults. Player A moves, Player D shoots, Player D assaults.

2) Player A and B move simultaenously. Player A and B shoot simultaenously. Player A and B assault simultaenously. Player C and D move simultaenously. Player C and D shoot simultaenously. Player C and D assault simultaenously.

3) Player A moves. Player B moves. Player A shoots. Player B shoots. Player A and B assault simultaneously. Player C moves. Player D moves. Player C shoots. Player D shoots. Player C and D assault simultaneously.

I suspect #3 is the correct answer but I'm curious if there is a definitive answer that I'm missing somewhere, or at least a convention that works best.

Thanks in advance.

As it is Apocalypse it tends to be fast and loose, house rules are generally the norm. In groups I play with we use #2 one side does all its movement ,shooting and asssaults simultaenously.

I don't believe there are hard and fast rules for it, though I could be wrong.

In all the games I've played we've used option #2. It keeps the game moving quicker and allows players to actually work as a team, discussing who moves where and what shoots what. In player A has units better equipped for taking out tanks, than I might shoot some of my units prior to his so that he has a clear line of site, and then he shoots his tank hunters, followed up by me shooting the rest of my units and then him, his.

Hey,

In all the games I've played we've used option #2

Or, with a slight variation on "simultaneously":

Players on team A -

1. Take turns Moving until they agree that all of their Movement is done (use those Counters!).

2. Take it in turns Shooting until all useful Shooting is done (Counters, again).

3. Quickly agree on CC a strategy for the turn, and pile-in as discussed.

4. Take turns scooping dice into the Assault Bucket until Lunch Time.

+++

Players on team B -

1. Take turns Moving until they agree . . .

Playa

I would say that it depends on the situation. For very large Apoc game option #2 lends itself to be the best over all. In smaller games of Apoc or where joint forces are separated by space/large amounts of terrain or time sequence then I would suggest option #1.

To be quite honest, the only games I generally play anymore are Apoc type scenarios,...I dont think I would know what to do with a mere 1500 points anymore,... ^_^

Severus6

we tried giving each player a seperate turn. game took hours to finish the first turn. save yourselves some time and headache and just use option 2. as was said earlier. APP games need to be played fast and loose or youll get so bogged down that youll just want to go home and sleep

Archived