GK question

AdeptusTerminautus

im using a squad of grey knights in my Blood Angels army, im new and haven't played my first game until sunday.

i wanted to know,exactly how they work assault phase wise.

so they get their basic 1 attack per marine (4) and two for the justicar(6)

then they use their storm bolters as pistols in CC from true grit

so (20) attacks

am i doing the math right?

True grit can be technically confusing when you're talking about the number of attacks, depending on whether your models are charging or are in subsequenet rounds of close combat. But GM Tyrak has it correct: you will always have two attacks from each normal Grey Knight and 3 power weapon attacks from the Justicar, for a total of 21 attacks for a full unit of 10 models.

Note that True Grit does NOT apply to models in terminator armour nor to power-armoured Knights that are carrying incinerators or psycannons. Those models follow all the normal rules for infantry in an assault defined in the BRB. (I.e., +1 attack on the charge, otherwise use normal Attacks characteristiic in the stat block.)

But GM Tyrak has it correct: you will always have two attacks from each normal Grey Knight and 3 power weapon attacks from the Justicar, for a total of 21 attacks for a full unit of 10 models.

Yes! Finally. I spent the whole of 4th ed. thinking PAGKs only ever got one attack, that was dumb. :D

Archived