Fire Falcons Tac Squad

The orange-over-black-primer scheme is a tough one to do well. So far you're looking good.

I'm especially impressed with the sergeant's face- that's nice work.

Have you considered some blacklining around the kneepads and shoulder pauldrons to sharpen up the contrast between the red and the orange? Another suggestion I might make to sharpen that contrast would be taking the red down to Gore as a basecoat and then highlighting up, whilst line highlighting the orange up to Fiery.

Just my $0.02- a really nice start overall.

Thanks! I will admit, the Orange over black is hard. Actually, I used extra coats of paint on the Sarge...

The REAL secret though, is that I didn't prime the rest of the Tac Squad. I did it for a reason though, not just out of laziness... (Well... Some of it was laziness, lol...) This way, I can scrape bits of paint off the armor, then I paint a metallic color on the scrape, and it looks like the paint on the armor has chipped off. After all, the average suit of Power Armor is very old, usually older than its user.

It's an easy way to weather armor, and it looks pretty good... It also makes the orange easier to paint on, although the Sarge was primed, as I wanted him to have an extra layer of depth that I think black primer adds very nicely...

Archived