Adeptus Mechanicus Army

I was thinking of starting an Adeptus Mechanicus army list, using the Imperial Guard codex.

I'm using the following doctrines for flavour:

Equipment: Carapace: Represents the superior armour manufactured by the Adeptus Mechanicus.

Restricted Troops: Techpriest Engineseers: ... I don't need to explain, right?

Alternate Organisation: Grenadiers: Representing superiorly trained and equipped Skitarii.

Alternate Organisation: Drop Troops: Representing the Adeptus Mechanicus using burrowing machines or grav chutes to deploy with deadly speed.

Alternate Organisation: Storm Troopers: Requirement for Grenadiers.

I plan on converting Cadian shock troops, by modelling hoods, rebreathers and adding green stuff to make lengthy robes, and using some non-Imperial Guard models to represent HQ choices. The (sometimes heroic) Senior Officer will be represented by the Crusader model (with =][= symbols filed off) and the medic will be the Medical Sister from the Witch Hunter Line. I probably won't modify the Kasrkin models, because they are awesome and don't need additions, except perhaps longer hems on their fatigues.

What do you think?

Hmm. How much would that set me back though? If it's less than green stuff, then perhaps I'll go with it.

But I would like to have something like this: http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/6550/admechwip0pz.jpg

Plus, the legs look a little bit too stationary. I wouldn't want an army of these: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/img-300...0_1157_6253.jpg

Going to upload the 1000 point list now:

HQ:

Heroic Senior Officer, 4 Staff (70pts)

Officer Equipment: Refractor Field (15pts), Power Sword (5pts), Trademark Item (10pts) and Storm Bolter (5pts)

Veteran Medic (11pts): Bolt pistol (1pt) Frag (1pt) Krak (2pt)

Vox Caster (5pts)

Carapace (20pts)

Total: 155pts

Antitank Squad (35pts):

3 Missiles (45pts)

Carapace-20pts

Total: 100pts

Fire Support Squad (35pts)

3 Heavy Bolters (45pts)

Carapace-20pts

Fire Support Squad (35pts):

3 Heavy bolters (45pts)

Carapace- 20pts

Elite- Techpriest Enginseer (45pts)

Honorifica Imperialis (25pts) Storm Bolter (5pts)

Total: (75pts)

Troops:

1st Storm Trooper Squad (Rho-Alpha 1) - 9 Troopers, 1 Sergeant (100pts)

2 plasma guns (20pts)

Vox Caster (5pts)

Chimera Transport (70pts)

Turret Mouted Multilaser (10pts)

Hull Mounted Heavy Bolter (5pts)

Total: 210pts

Troops:

2nd Storm Trooper Squad (Rho-Delta 1) - 9 Troopers, 1 Veteran Sergeant (106pts)

2 Meltaguns (20pts) Bolt Pistol (1pt) Vox Caster (5pts)

3rd Storm Trooper Squad (Rho Delta 2) - 9 Troopers, 1 Veteran Sergeant (106pts)

2 Grenade Launchers (16pts) Bolt Pistol (1pt) Vox Caster (5pts)

Total: 255pts

Total Points Cost: 1000pts

Critique? Notes? Anything any one? What do you think?

Well, I'd replace the missile launchers in the anti-tank squad with lascannons, and replace the fire support squad with another batch of lascannons.

Further, I'd either strip the heavybolter sponsons from the russ's or, down grade their lascannons to heavy bolters. I'd also pull off those track gaurds.

I's also strip the vox network from the army (oddly you have a master, but no receivers?). I've never found it to be useful in any game without 'On your coordinates'. I'd take the missile launchers out of the command section, and if your intent on using a heroic officer, kit them out with four special weapons and an APC for a delivery system. I'd go with four flamers in a chimera with heavy flamer turret, heavybolter, and here would be where to take extra armour and track guards.

Given that I've reassigned your chimera to the non-scoring command section, first I'd replace your melta-guns in the storm troops with more plasma that can be consistently delivered, and, if you have the models, do the same for the grenade launchers.

You might try swapping out the sentinels for a Demolisher with three heavybolter sponsons. Those things scare people.

Reworking the list now. Each squad will incorporate a new vox, because I roll absolute crap for my Morale tests. Thank you for your insight, and I hope you keep it up!

EDIT: Since Storm Troopers and Senior Officers have the same leadership value, there really is no reason to incorporate the Vox network. Therefore, I reworked the list to inculde a Heroic Officer!

• 4 weeks later...

I think you'll find that the first Skitarii you linked us to were actually based on High Elf Archer legs as well :lol: He sculpted the hoods and some of the gas masks but the rest of it is made up of the Cadian torso and palsticard for the shoulders and groin plate thingy... Saw it over on Warseer a while back.

The only problem with that second mini is he's still got the pointed pansy feet, better fix that lol

And I don't have my codex on hand... But can storm troopers take vox casters?

You might want to find out if you can find Necromunda Redemtonists (s/p), they have the robes and everything already. I don't know how you are arming your troops but they have flamers and heavy stubber models along with an assortment of hand weapons that could likely be switched out. The heavy stubbers could definatly count as a big gun like a heavy bolter.

also look for Cawdors, they all have hoods on their heads.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the Leman Russ, Chimera and five (only five) Grenadiers.

The Citadel Basing kit is a god send. The bases are really fantastic, and they'll fit in well with the Board I'm building at home. I'm doing the base theme as a Snowy City/ Industrial Sector.

This will also interlock with the new Dark Angels and Chaos Marines I'm doing, representing the Mechanicus and Dark Angels fighting off Chaos Warriors.

I'll start to build the board when I get my pale little mitts on a selection of Manufactorum kits.

I'll add pictures if I can get my camera working.

• 3 weeks later...
I need ideas. Anyone who has a good idea for bionic parts can suggest them. I'm heavily considering asking someone for necron bits and pieces, buying the Iron Hands squad but mostly modelling them. Help, please.

Necrons might be your better bet scale-wise. Iron hands limbs are too big for non-astartes models.

Archived