Second Place for the Wolves

Logain the Ranger

An old bearded man walks into the room and sits at a table. "Sit a bit and let me tell you a story about the young Wolf Lord Ragnar Blackmane. Young Ragnar and his company came to the hive planet of Calthor to put down an chaos insurrection. Young Ragnar stuck deep into the chaos ranks shredding the lines of cultists and the chaos marines in dark green armor. When it seemed the day would be won, Young Rangnar received a transmission from the chaper's bitter rivals the Dark Angels, the message read that Ragnar and his company were to withdraw from the planet immediately that this planet was now in Dark Angel control." The old bearded man stops his tale and takes a swig of ale "Ragnar told them that he would not back down with the enemy before him. With dawn approaching the Dark Angels deployed on the field and attacked the unsuspecting Wolves at dawn. Aye the battle was fierce, the Dark Angels had deployed up high in the buildings and brought their plasma cannons to bear on the unsuspecting Space Wolves severally wounding Brother Slyðra's Grey Hunters squad. The Dark Angels were not messing around as they brought in a squad of Assault Terminators from their Deathwing, led by a Librarian. The Librarian was a coward who tried to kill Ragnar and his Wolf Guard from behind. They unfortunately killed brother Áfastr, but the foolish Librarian didn't expect young Ragnar's rage at this and was severally butchered when Young Ragnar and his Wolf Guard charged them head on."

The old bearded man starts to cough and the listeners wait for him to continue.

As units from both sided poured on the Blood Claws stormed across the field weathering the heavy fire from the plasma cannons. The two men who made it to the enemy charged into the building and up the floors killing two of the enemy before falling to the sheer numbers. Brother Slyðra's Grey Hunter squad was destroyed by the Dark Angel's fell Whirlwind. In vengeance Brother Ónarr and his Wolf Scouts destroyed the vehicle. A Blood Claws led by Rune Priest Hólmsteinn weathered the plasma cannon storm, thanks to his psychic gift, and hit the weakened Dark Angel position overrunning it. Brother Geirdiarfr's Grey Hunters came from the East, but was too late to help Brother Ónarr and his Wolf Scouts. In vengeance Brother Geirdiarfr and his men destroyed a Devastator squad. As suddenly as it begun the Dark Angels were in a full rout leaving the battlefield swearing revenge for the men that died.

The old bearded man finished his tale and the assembled listeners ask him how did he know this tale. He responded by saying "I lived it". Then the old bearded man finishes his ale gets up and walks out of the room.

That was a quick story recap of my third battle in the tournament. As the title says I place second out of five people. Due to the low turnout I got a $15 gift certificate. (Normally it is a $35 box) This story works well because the first guy I played in the tourney was running Fallen Dark Angels. In all I was Loss-Win-Win. I will post my list later, but I'm tired and need some sleep...I mean Ale.

Archived