Arbites or Stormtroopers?

Mosk

Old style shotguns suck.

So... yeah. A friend aptly described the Arbites option as "a free downgrade".

I would give a lot for a good, fully customizable Arbites squad option. But as they stand, they're pretty useless which is a huge shame with those beautiful, beautiful SG miniatures.

Well i tell you i love my 10man squad of Arbites. They look great and I'm not sure that the old style shot guns are a down-grade. Its not like the las gun is must have shooter in the 40k verse. Two shots is two shots, and its better as they have a BS4. I arm mine with a Flamer and Grenade launcher. Not because theses weapons are great but they look great. and with the new Template hit rules it make the GL a bit better. The Serg has a Plasma Pistol and a Power Maul. A bit over the top but it gives them a chance. If you hit the right target you could surprise some one. My Arbites Draw more attention then their points just because people don't really know what to expect from them as most have never fought against them. I add a Priest with a Plasma gun and Carapace armour (i just use a Arbite with a plasma gun with a slightly diif paint job) Put them in a chimera and call it good. I would field them Every time over a Squad of Storm Troopers. They have let me down way to many times to count. Bottom line is if you want an army that looks and plays Different then any of your friends, Arbites will do the job. The rest is probably up to the dice gods.

I have used arbits along side of my IST every game so far. I have always armed my IST with 2 plasma (and none have blown up!) and had a squad of arbites with 2 flame throwers. I have totally space out the GL but I think I am going to reconsider. Personally I love the arbites for their looks. They look awesome. Also I like that my army plays different then most witch hunter armies. I have sister repentia (how many sisters players have this?) I use abites, dominions, landraider for my ruetine, and ya its different.

Does the GL use line of Sight or is there and arc?

Two units of 10 Arbites, 2 meltas, vet with power weapon and plasma pistol, priest attached with carapace armour and an eviscerator, mounted in a chimera with autocannon and heavy bolter, every single game . If I'm feeling spicy I add an Inquisitor with power weapon and plasma pistol. If I want them to be the coolest unit ever I have them rappel out of a Valkyrie. That unit never dissapoints me. Don't ask too much of them (like CC with high T or termies). The real meat and potatoes of the Inquisition.

Archived