Wolf Guard Battle Leaders

G. A. K.

and you guys wonder why a lot of tournaments dont allow SW :)

really? i did not know that! i presume not GW ones? that would be rediculous :lol:

bIke + heavy weapon + storm shield = overkill :)

you could use a heavy bolter or a plasma cannon too that way your still effective against troops and heavy bolters can damage most vehicles (plus they keep the points down) this squad ain't gonna be cheap

I forgot the 'cann't ride bikes w/ a heavy weapon' part, no matter. It was a little too much. Though I still like the ass cannon murder squad in a drop pod anyway.

But on a related topic of the fluff of a WGBL taking a heavy weapon in general I thought that not everyone was lucky enough to go from blood claw to wolfguard like Ragnar, and i'm sure some even took so long to be promoted that they were long fangs at the time. therefore given thier proficiency with said heavy weapons it makes sense that they would continue to use them even if the Wolf Lord chose them to lead a section of the overall army into battle.

(corrected spelling is mine.. there is no "u" in armor - silly brits :D )

Dude Armour has a "U". We did create the language you know. :)

Back to the topic I dont thinks its that cheesy if its possible as its such a points sink.

Yeah, I take a WGBL with a heavy weapon in 500pt fights if Im severly desperate for the firepower, but there always should be a better option. While the idea of a guy running on a bike with a lascannon over one shoulder is cool in the mind.... this dex was made at a time when most peoples bikes took up a hand to drive them!

UKMD - Your reading an old FAQ then. Or your reading that horrid piece of crap that some tournament judge put together that totally disregards the 'official' FAQ. WGBL's can take heavy weapons from the Wolf Guard entry, per GW's most recent SW FAQ.

I will check the rules on this one. I THINK we tried it years ago and it didnt work, but maybe 5th changed that?

i got the FAQ bit from somewhere in the sticky posts at the top of the space wolves section from this site, i didnt check the date of the post though so it could be an old one. So i quess i need to find a more recent FAQ then, as i presume that WGBLs can take options from the wolf quard bodygaurd options?

edit: i have now found the GW SW FAQ and found

'Q. Can a Wolf Guard Battle Leader select Wolf

Guard Bodyguard heavy weapons?

A. Yes.

sorry, my bad.

FAQ's are you CAN take WGBG options and or reg wargear.

In the listing under WGBG options though it does state, as WolfLordLars said before, that you cannot take a bike with a heavy weapon...which I agree with as you need one hand to steer a bike (yes even us wolves need to) and to be completely honest, this would be completely, awesomely, broken.

Dude Armour has a "U". We did create the language you know. <_<

Back to the topic I dont thinks its that cheesy if its possible as its such a points sink.

You invented it, we perfected it. :) Heck, you people cant even drive on the proper side of the road!

Off topic.. but I read a study somewhere that said what is spoken in the US is closer to the 'origin' of the language than whats spoken in the UK. We dont have the influence of other languages like you do, and it stayed (mostly) the same as a result. But, thats another discussion for another time. I remember having a nice little debate with a very attractive scottish lass about just that a few years ago, which was very amusing.. :P

Anyway, no heavy weapons on a bike... too bad though. That would of been really cool to try.

the codex state you can't use bikes.

It however doesn't state, you cant take a jump pack.

Then artificer armor + stormshield for 2+/3+ save, the master crafting a multi-melta, or plasmacannon. fly around and shoot the crap out of everything. but moving and shooting poses a problem!!!

the codex state you can't use bikes.

It however doesn't state, you cant take a jump pack.

Then artificer armor + stormshield for 2+/3+ save, the master crafting a multi-melta, or plasmacannon. fly around and shoot the crap out of everything. but moving and shooting poses a problem!!!

That is sick and disgusting...

I am sooo gonna give that a go in my upcoming 3k battle vs Eldar :)

Only a wolfguard leading bloodclaws with jumppacks can take a jumppack

Correct, if you guy's will note, on page 14 of C:SW under Jump Pack (see note 2); Note 2 clearly states

Only Wolf Guard leading a pack of Blood Claws equipped with jump packs may use jump packs themselves.

Fun idea though. :devil:

I don't see anywhere that says he can't have a jump pack.

Anyway the entry clearly states that the wgbl may take equipment from armoury and/or wolfguard entry.

Thus jumppack is in armoury, thus he can be equiped with it. The wolfguard entry however states a limitation with heavy weapons and bikes. Nothing about jumppacks.

I don't see anywhere that says he can't have a jump pack.

Anyway the entry clearly states that the wgbl may take equipment from armoury and/or wolfguard entry.

Thus jumppack is in armoury, thus he can be equiped with it. The wolfguard entry however states a limitation with heavy weapons and bikes. Nothing about jumppacks.

I already stated above the actual quote from the codex that you can look at to see where you CANNOT take a jump pack for a WGBL.

If you still don't believe me (you say he's taking it from the WG column right?), then look at this quote from the GW FAQ:

Q. Does a Wolf Guard Battle Leader the Wolf Guard column in the Space Wolf armoury when selecting weapons and wargear?

A. No.

This snuffs out any and all confusion about whether or not a WGBL can have a jump pack. :D

In the wgbl entry it states: "The Wolf Guard Battle Leader may be given any equipment allowed from the Space Wolves Armoury and/or the Wolf Guard entry in the army list, but he does not count as a Wolf Guard for purposes of equipment costs and availability"

The restriction only applies to wolf guard, which it is clearly stated, he is not one of.

Also this leaves me wondering about the bike, since he may take any equipment from both entry's. Just looking at the equipment part........

In the wgbl entry it states: "The Wolf Guard Battle Leader may be given any equipment allowed from the Space Wolves Armoury and/or the Wolf Guard entry in the army list, but he does not count as a Wolf Guard for purposes of equipment costs and availability"

The restriction only applies to wolf guard, which it is clearly stated, he is not one of.

Also this leaves me wondering about the bike, since he may take any equipment from both entry's. Just looking at the equipment part........

Except that a Jump Pack may ONLY be taken by a Wolf Guard leading a Jump Pack pack. Its not an option for anyone else.

If the wording had been different, you might of been on to something.

So he can not take stuff the wolfguard take and he has to pay the cost of others, others have N/A on jumppacks

So again, no go

EXACTLY, this is what I stated above but maybe my direct quote from the FAQ didn't explain it enough. :tu:

Archived