SW fluff list

JasonfromFW

Hail brothers!

I need advices in order to build a fluffy sw list. I've read the two first book from Mr King (which are so good), the 2nd and third edition sw dex.

I plan to run a lot of fooslogging troops and a lord but no idea on what to add.

Maybe something like:

Ven dread

Wolf Lord

3 squads of GH

2 squad of BC

But I didn't managed to "touch" the sw spirit by now.

Any thoughts?

I don't think a Wolf Lord and a Venerable Dreadnought together in the same list fits the background (ie fluffy). 2 very powerful leaders leading the same force. One or the other with a Battle Leader would fit the background more imho.

As for an overall theme podding is definately a wolfy thing to do though not as effective since the new drop pod rules.

Well 2 very powerful leaders can be fluffy, especially considering at the 750 mark, they're essentially warbands of their own separate command, seems fluffy to me...

I agree with Max on the pods, either that or rhinos. Transports is what gets the hunt going faster!

3 Vindicators are also fluffy... I read it somewhere in the book of Iron Warriors...

Well 2 very powerful leaders can be fluffy, especially considering at the 750 mark, they're essentially warbands of their own separate command, seems fluffy to me...

I agree with Max on the pods, either that or rhinos. Transports is what gets the hunt going faster!

3 Vindicators are also fluffy... I read it somewhere in the book of Iron Warriors...

If you're set on foot slogging, you could still drop in a dread. I don't think there is any real reason NOT to drop in a dread as you now know that he'll come in turn 1. It also seem fluffy as your Wolf Lord will lead the detachment and wake one of the old ones for added support. The dread will only be dropped in "if needed" and, of course, your WL has decided that he is needed.

IMHO there is almost no such thing as an "unfluffy" SW list, with the possible exception of putting a Land Speeder Storm in - that doesn't stike me as Wolfy. Our Scouts are masters of the hunt and inflitration, not poncing in on a skiff.

You can go Mech, Footslogger, Pod or a hybrid of all three. Mass infantry and mass tanks are equally valid. You could have a fresh faced army of Blood Claws with minimal Grey Hunters and Long Fangs, intent on charging the foe or a grizzeled force of Grey Hunters, Wolf Guard and Long Fangs capable of punishing the enemy at range before diving in to finish the job.

As for your list. If you are intent on the footslogger angle, then Long Fangs and Wolf Scouts are the way to go, to give your force a little more ranged and AT bite. Also, you could consider a pack of WGTDA to Drop in with your Lord, move the Dread to Elites and take a Wolf or Rune Priest to support the foot troops.

With your advices, and still want a footslogging army, here's what I've done:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=155302 :)

One question though:

May the wolf tail talisman prevent the instant death from a force weapon? :(

Since it's now a psychic power, I was wondering... Might be a very interresting purchase!

Archived