The War Forge

OK so I wrote out my 2500 point list, I need help dropping 33 points. The game is against Daemon Hunters so I took Blessing on my bigger creatures to ensure their survivability against the Grand Masters and Inquisitors. C&C needed!

Thamuz, Bloodthirster

Iron Hide, Daemonic Flight, Blessing of the Blood God, Unholy Might.

280 pts

Skulltaker

Juggernaut, Hellblade, Fury of Khorne, Blessing of the Blood God, Iron Hide, Skulls for the Skull Throne, Furious Charge

Skulls for the Skull Throne- Gains rending on 4+ instead of 6, his rending wounds cause instant death.

175 pts

Herald of Khorne

Juggernaut, Hellblade, Unholy Might, Blessing of the Blood God, Iron Hide, Furious Charge

125 pts

Bloodcrushers of Khorne

4, Hellblades, Iron Hide, Fury of Khorne, Furious Charge

170 pts

Bloodletters of Khorne

8, Hellblades, Furious Charge

128 pts

Bloodletters of Khorne

128 pts

Bloodletters of Khorne

128 pts

Bloodletters of Khorne

128 pts

Bloodletters of Khorne

128 pts

Bloodletters of Khorne

128 pts

Flesh Hounds of Khorne

15, Blessing of the Blood God, Furious Charge, Karanak

Karanak

Fury of Khorne, Blessing of the Blood God, Instrument of Chaos, Furious Charge, Prey of the Blood God

Prey of the Blood God- Unit benefits from Move Through Cover while Karanak is alive.

260 pts

Flesh Hounds of Khorne

15, Blessing of the Blood God, Furious Charge

225 pts

Soul Grinder of Khorne

Two Dreadnought Close Combat Weapons, One Harvester, Phlegm

160 pts

Soul Grinder of Khorne

Two Dreadnought Close Combat Weapons, One Harvester, Phlegm

160 pts

Daemon Prince

Daemonic Flight, Iron Hide, Mark of Nurgle, Noxious Touch

Noxious Touch- Close combat attacks are poisoned and wound on 2+.

210 pts

Total: 2533 pts

Remarkably fluffy prince on the end there... lol

Looks like you might do well, especially as iron hide will keep all your important beasties alive, but one issue...

Your Bloodletter squads are gonna die on mass because of the lack of numbers and Psycannons... if both of you are gonna have a chance to craft your forces then in all likelihood then all the Justicars and Brother-Captains are gonna have Psycannon Bolts which will also eat through there invulnerable saves.

Had a game the other day which saw such things happen to me... i know why you've got them spread the way you do, objectives and all that...

Blessing of the Blood God is fantastic!!! my flesh hounds weathered holocaust, scourging and loads of force weapon attacks and killed off 7 terms including the grand master,

and now i have confused myself...

Haha way to go confusing yourself! :P

I know the prince is completely fluffy, but I think you'll be pleased where this is going. :D

I am going to try to bulk up the squads before the game to get them to 10 strong.

I've actually started to push this game out of my mind and look to the apocalypse game coming up. I'll post up a rough list for it sometime tonight.

Also, for those who were asking for a tutorial on my Soul Grinder, Santa Clause brought me a new Nikon Coolpix which I tested out this morning and it took some amazing pictures, so today I am going to sit down and create the tutorial, well at least step 1.

Wrote out the Apoc. list. 6,300 points! :blush:

This is for a game a few months away, the army will be fully painted and based!

Forge of War Apocalypse

Thamuz, Bloodthirster- 175 pts

Botis, Lord of Change- 330 pts

Merihim, Great Unclean One- 165 pts

Sonneillon Skulltaker- 175 pts

Samael, Herald of Khorne- 135 pts

Bloodcrushers x4- 170 pts

Bloodcrushers x4- 170 pts

100 Bloodletters- 1,600 pts

40 Plague Bearers- 600 pts

40 Blood Hounds of Khorne- 600 pts

Zepar, Soul Grinder- 160 pts

Shax, Soul Grinder- 160 pts

Geryon, Soul Grinder- 160 pts

Bael, Daemon Prince of Nurgle- 215 pts

Eurynome, Daemon Prince of Nurgle- 215 pts

Kobal, Daemon Baneblade- 500 pts

Vetis, Daemon Baneblade- 500 pts

Daemonic Forge-Host- 200 pts

Total: 6,230 points

Only 100 bloodletters? ;) I don't play much apocalypse, so I won't comment on the list other than to say why do you have a greater daemon of Tzeentch but no other troops from him? I mean, there's nothing wrong with it gamewise, but it goes against fluff quite a bit, just saying. Oh, what does Samael have giftwise? Just curious.

Well today was fun! :)

The 2500 game went well. My Daemons performed grandly. The Nurgle Daemon Prince definitely was MVP, on the turn he came in, I placed him directly in the center of 3 Grey Knight Squads, the Grey Knight Grand Master, and an Inquisitor with his retinue. He started to move towards the Daemon Prince when I nicely told him you know this thing is a T6 Monstrous Creature who wounds on a 2+ at S5 and does S2 wounds on enemies within 6 inches! Well imagine his surprise, so he ran the other way! Which worked great as he ran towards the Skulltaker and Herald, with Bloodletters and a Soul Grinder! :lol:

The Soul Grinders each killed over 250 pts with one shot! :D Claiming 8+ Grey Knights with their Phlegm. But anyway, enough talking. During one of the titanic clashes we snapped a few pictures on my friends Iphone. This is the best one.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/WarForgeStudios/Personal%20Armies/Khorne%20Daemons/untimelyend.jpg

The Grand Master failed to wound the Daemon Prince 4 times with his force weapon just to go squishy under the Bloodthirster!

I was happy, hence the thumbs up! :)

Ok well, we didn't make it into the Doubles tournament, due to scheduling conflicts, but my partner and I are going head to head in another 2500 point game next Saturday. He's running his normal Wolves this time, which have faired better than the Daemon Hunters before. Anyway, here is my new 2500 point list. I'm going to try to crush him with numbers. So let me know what you guys think. It's 100 Bloodletters.

2500 Chaos Daemons

Herald of Khorne

Juggernaut, Unholy Might

120 points

Herald of Khorne

Juggernaut, Unholy Might

120 points

Bloodcrushers of Khorne

5, Chaos Icon

225 points

Bloodletters of Khorne

320 points

Bloodletters of Khorne

20, Chaos Icon

345 Points

Bloodletters of Khorne

20, Chaos Icon

345 points

Bloodletters of Khorne

320 points

Bloodletters of Khorne

320 points

Soul Grinder

Phlegm, Tongue

185 points

Soul Grinder

Phlegm, Tongue

185 points

Total:

2485 points

I'd say 100 bloodletters should give you a good chance against all those 3+ armour saves. But I can't stress this enough, never take both weapon options on your soulgrinders! It's wasted points, due to your limited anti-tank, take tongue, but remember that it's still BS3, so try and get in combat if you can, S10 is not a good thing for the enemy tanks.

I'd normally agree to only take one option on the Soul Grinders, but the style of my opponent, he tends to field lots of infantry, and his large squads fit nicely under a template, even at BS3, the Soul Grinders have earned their points in one turn. :D

I had reason behind taking Phlegm and Tongue, Tongue will pop his vehicles fast, while the Phlegm will squish infantry.

Archived