CC resolution and the Tallymans tally.

Captain Malachi

Ok, Hypothetical situation, I get a daemon prince of nurgle from the daemon codex in to combat with a fearless unit, let's say termagants, and absolutely slaughter them, they then lose combat and take additional casualties for being fearless, do these wounds count for Epidemius' tally? Since it seems like a great way of getting the tally up even faster, but I'm not sure it's actually how the rules work.

If the tallyman's special ability only applies to models killed from actual attacks, then no, combat res deaths wouldn't count torwards the tally.

Then again, I don't have the Daemon Codex, so I don't know how it's worded.

Well, if that's the case, Eyescrossed, then the definite answer is NO.

Wounds caused by damage resolution (aka, I'm fearless, but I lost combat) are NOT caused by models. As such, a nurgle aligned model IS NOT inflicting the wound.

Well, if that's the case, Eyescrossed, then the definite answer is NO.

Wounds caused by damage resolution (aka, I'm fearless, but I lost combat) are NOT caused by models. As such, a nurgle aligned model IS NOT inflicting the wound.

I agree with this statement, it seems more logic to me.

Makes sense, guess I was trying to stretch the rules a bit. On a related note, the last bonus from the tally makes all attacks from followers of nurgle ignore armour saves, does this include ranged attacks? 'cos by RAW I think it does, but since Epis rule affects allies that means you'd get plaguemarines with AP2 bolters :D

Well if you need a rules lawyer arguement, Units taking wounds from No Retreat must be able to be actually wounded by the models in combat. Therefore the wounds are caused by the unit in question.....Heh total ballocks I know, the wounds are clearly stated To be caused by the no retreat rule and not the unit.

TBH, reading that plaguemarines shooting attacks instanly smacked of being wrong, however, checking the codex and it does speccifically state "all attacks ignore wounds", therefore i would allow it ;)

not like you would really need ap2 bolters and flamers against most orks, but im sure it will be a nasty surprise for your opponant :)

Archived